Part 48

(Paul POV)

The singer sat in the living room of the cabin, softly strumming his guitar and singing to himself, as he heard you shuffling around upstairs. He had been too excited to sleep for long after the mind blowing love making session the two of you had shared. The night would be a life-changing event if Paul played all his cards right. He heard the bedroom door open and you running down the hallway toward the stairs, making the guitarist smile to himself.

"What is this?" You asked.

Paul stopped strumming the guitar and looked up at you, seeing you holding one of the birthday presents he had gotten for you. He saw the shocked look on your face at the size of the gift and put the guitar down, waving you down the stairs. You rolled your eyes and waddled down the stairs; the singer trying to keep his mind out of the gutter as he watched your beautiful pregnant body come down to the living room. Paul pointed to the couch and moved from the recliner to sit beside you.

"It looks like a large box with a pretty bow. Most people would call it a gift and I think it's someone's birthday in the house, so maybe you should open it." Paul replied.

"I told you not to go all out for my birthday," You said, putting the box on your lap

"I do whatever I want, young lady. Now open it or I'll do it for you," Paul said, tapping the box.

"Okay, okay, I really hope Amelya doesn't have your stubbornness or sarcasm," You replied, slowly undoing the bow on the box

"Evan has it, and you think he's the cutest thing ever, and she will probably have your sass," Paul said, looking at you

The two of you stayed quiet for a few moments as the singer watched you unwrap the present carefully. He grinned and wrapped his arm around you, listening to you take a deep breath and pull the lid off the gift. You covered your mouth at the sight of the black dress in the box. Paul held the box as you pulled the dress out, spinning it around as tears slipped down your face. You looked over at him and kissed the side of his face, making the singer's smile grow wider.

"Babe, it's beautiful! Is this for tonight? How do you know if it will fit?" You asked.

"I know your size and the designer. This is just the first of the gifts for tonight, but remember your promise," He replied.

"I am keeping an open mind. Is this place we are going to dinner tonight a fancy one?" You asked, looking at the guitarist nervously.

"It's a little fancy, but you deserve the best baby. You only turn thirty once and I want to make sure it's a birthday you remember. "Pau said

"I'm pretty sure the gift that's coming in a couple of months is going to make this year memorable." You replied, rubbing your stomach.

Paul laughed and kissed the side of your face, feeling your face heat up under his touch. He turned and looked at you, seeing the tears in your eyes, and was struck with anxiety, wondering if he had made the right decision. The singer took his thumb and gently wiped the few falling tears away from your face before wrapping his arms around you. You shuddered into his embrace, making his heart race faster as he ran his hand down your back. The two of you sat in silence for a few minutes before you pulled away from the guitarist and looked away, wiping your eyes.

"Baby, did I upset you?" Paul asked, grabbing your arm.

"Oh god no! I am beyond happy, Paul, really. No one has ever gone this far to make sure that my birthday is special, even though I treated them like shit." You whispered.

"Sweetheart, we are both still learning how to be in a healthy relationship. There are going to be many fights like that one, and lots of make-up sessions like the one this afternoon. It's you and me until the cows come home. I will love you forever Y/N, you just have to give us a chance." The singer whispered back.

"I love you too," You replied, kissing him on the mouth

"Now before you start something that both of us are going to be aggravated that we can't finish. Let's go get ready for dinner," Paul said, as he pushed you back.

You groaned and shook your head at the guitarist, making him laugh, as he stood up and held his hand out for you to take. You smiled and took the singer's hand, tucking the box underneath your arm as the two of you headed up the stairs toward the master bedroom. The singer leaned against the doorframe as he watched you sit the box on the bed and start shuffling through your luggage for all of your makeup and bathroom products. You turned and grinned at Paul, making the guitarist raise an eyebrow at you.

"You know we could save time, water, and get rid of that aggravation if we shower together." You said, walking over and grabbing his hand.

"I love the way you think," Paul replied as you pulled him toward the bathroom.