Part 7

Two Days Later

Paul held your hand as the two of you walked off the elevator and into the parking lot. After a few extra days and constant testing, you were finally released to come home with Paul. The singer was overjoyed yet anxious over how things would go this time for the two of you after the last fight. He didn't know if he could handle it if you and the baby left for good. Being a single dad to two children just wasn't something he wanted in the cards.

"I can't wait to sleep in a soft bed and have real food again," You said.

Paul nodded his head at you and dug in his jeans pocket for his car keys. He had a million thoughts running through his head that were gnawing at him. You grabbed his arm and stopped him as the two of you approached the singer's car, making him jerk his head up, seeing the concerned look across your face.

"Where are you?" You asked.

"What?" Paul asked, confused.

"You seem like you're in another world. If you're not ready for me to move back in, that's totally fine, Paul.." You started.

Paul pulled you over to the passenger side of the suburban and put his hands on either side of your face. Feeling a wave of relief wash over him as you looked back at him, silencing, for now, all the worries from before. You were safe, and the baby was growing just fine, despite the accident, the only thing besides his son to focus on. Paul leaned in, kissed you softly on the lips lingering for a moment, and attempted to pull away. You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him back with a hint of urgency behind it. The singer leaned his body into you, making your back hit the passenger door, and slid his tongue into your mouth. The two of you explored the other's mouth as you kept your hands locked in Paul's hair, keeping him as close as you could.

After a few minutes, the two of you broke for air, and the singer leaned his head against yours, seeing the small smile dancing across your face. You nipped his lips before pushing him away from trying to stop a full-on show for the families in the parking garage. Paul let out a deep sigh and held open the passenger door for you to climb in. He shut the door and jogged over to the driver's side, and hopped in, smiling at you softly as you blushed.

"Did that answer your question?" He asked as he put the key to the ignition.

"Maybe, I'll let you know later," You said with a wink.

"Well, I'm always more than happy to give you the answer, but you have to make sure you don't push yourself too hard," Paul said,

"Yeah, Yeah, I know, but that doesn't mean you need to be all over my ass about it. I'll try. Now can we please get home so I can see Evan? I've missed him," You said

"Oh, I'm sure he's going to be over the moon to see you. Evan is more excited to see and hang out with you than his old man." Paul chuckled.

The singer backed the car out of the parking space and sped up the road, trying to get back to the house as quickly as possible. You gripped the armrest, trying to focus on anything but the feeling of your chest tightening and your heart dropping down into your stomach. Flipping on the radio, you watched a small smile pull at Paul's lips before he began humming along to the tune and drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. You chuckled seeing the singer at ease for the first time in the last week.

"What's so funny?" He asked, glancing over at you.

"Just watching how peaceful you are when you're singing. You miss being on stage yet?" You asked.

"I like performing, but I love being at home with my family. I'm also not too excited about this grunge album my bandmate is wanting to do." Paul said, rolling his eyes.