Part 2

Paul put the test back into the bag and ran out the door to the nurse station. He tapped on the desk, waiting for one of the nurses to look up from their paperwork to answer his question. Paul needed to know that both of you were safe for now. Finally, after a few seconds, an older nurse looked up from charting and smiled at him.

"Yes, sir?" She asked.

"Can you please page Dr. Klein? I have a few more questions for her," Paul said.

"Yes, sir, I'll send her to the room," She replied.

Paul nodded his head and turned back toward your room as the guilt started to build up in his gut. He had up and abandoned you out of anger, putting now one of his children at risk with his bandmate's help. Paul took place back at the side of your bed and pulled the gift bag to his lap. Slowly opening the second package feeling a small smile dance across his face as he pulled out a purple and black onesie.

"Future Star Child In Progress," Paul read.

Paul felt the tears start running down his face as he folded the onesie and put it back into the bag. He looked back at you, feeling both sad and happy all at the same time. A small knock echoed off the door caused Paul to jump and quickly wipe the tears off of his face. Dr. Klien came walking in, flipping on the lights as she advanced into the room.

"The nurse said you wanted to talk with me about your wife?" She asked.

"Uh, Y/N and I aren't married, but my bandmate brought to my attention that she's pregnant," Paul said as he looked back at you.

" Yes, Mr. Stanley, that's correct about 6 weeks along," Dr. Klien replied.

"Is everything okay? With the baby and Y/N?" He asked.

"Yes, sir, everything is perfect with both of them, congratulations," She replied.

Paul smiled at her before returning to his chair, his eyes darting from you to the heart monitor. He had high hopes that you would wake up soon, and he didn't want you to wake up to an empty room. The doctor cleared her throat, causing the singer to turn back around and face her.

"You should probably go home and rest. She's probably not going to wake up until tomorrow," The doctor told him.

"I'll sleep in the chair. We've been apart long enough," Paul said as he drifted to sleep.

--------------------------------

The next day

"You've been here all night?" A voice asked

Paul jumped at the sound of the voice, quickly rubbing his eyes and looking around. He looked up to find Eric and Bruce standing next to the chair. Paul got out of the chair and stretched as he looked over at you, still fast asleep in the bed. He pointed toward the door in a silent request for the other two to follow him.

"How long have you guys been here?" Paul asked as he leaned against the wall.

" Just enough time to watch you drool on yourself. Did you open the package or find anything else out on Y/N?" Eric asked.

Paul looked from Bruce to Eric, feeling a small smile pulling at his lips for the second time. He nodded his head and laughed as his best friend's faces went from sad to happy in a few seconds. Eric and Bruce pulled the singer into a hug and slapped him back as Paul pulled away.

"Congrats, Daddy!" Eric exclaimed

"Is the baby and Y/N okay?" Bruce asked.

"Doctor said they both are fine, and Y/N may wake up today. I guess they sedated her a bit to help the pain ease up, but I'm just glad she's safe and back home," Paul replied.

"Well, if she's going to wake up soon, you might want to go shower and change there. Just because there are plans to do a grunge album doesn't mean you gotta smell like one of those guys," Eric said.

"I'm not leaving, man," Paul said

"You can't sit here and wait, dude. At least go with us to get some food and coffee. We will leave our number for them to page us if Y/N wakes up," Eric said.

"Okay, Coffee would be good," Paul replied.

All three men quickly jotted down their phone numbers and gave them to one of the nurses for your room. Paul took one at your room before following his bandmates toward the elevators, stomach in knots that something would go wrong and he wouldn't be by your side to protect you.

"Come on, dude! The sooner we get back, the sooner you can smell up the room by yourself," Eric called.

"Shut up dickhead. I'm coming!" The singer replied as he jumped on the elevator.