Part 8

A few minutes later, Paul pulled into the driveway of Eric's house and shut the engine off. The two of you got out of the car and walked hand in hand to the front door, hearing the sound of the tv blaring and Evan screaming at the top of his lungs. You looked at Paul, worried something was wrong, and pointed at the door to knock.

"Terrible twos, He's fine, I promise, Eric, on the other hand, let's go see," Paul said, with a huge grin.

"We really owe Eric big for all of this. I feel so bad he had to get involved in this," You replied, shaking your head.

"Oh whatever my son did is nothing compared to the torment that Eric does on tour, you'll see very soon," He replied before turning back toward the door.

The singer banged on the door twice and waited for the drummer to appear at the door. You wrapped your arm around his waist as you heard the sound of muffled cursing through the door. The younger man opened the door, looking exhausted and covered in tomato sauce. Paul grinned at you and then at Eric before going into a fit of laughter.

"Please come in and help me find you spawn, I mean son," Eric said, walking away from the door.

The three of you walked into the living room, seeing the wreck the toddler had managed in the last couple of days while his dad was at the hospital—food and crayon covering the walls. Eric walked back toward his drum kit and grabbed a towel scrubbing the bass drum cover.

"I love what you've done with the place, man," Paul said

"If your son wasn't around, I would cuss you out right now. He may be little, but Evan is definitely your child when it comes to revenge." The drummer replied

"EVAN! DADDY AND Y/N ARE HERE" You called

The sound of little feet climbing down the stairs made the three of you look up as Evan made his way down, grinning ear to ear at the sight of you and his father. Paul kneeled down and held his arms open for his son to come to him, but the little boy ran past him, holding his arms open for you to hug him. You looked at Paul, seeing the slight pout on his face, and leaned down to hug the little boy.

"Y/N you're home! I missed you," Evan whispered and wrapped his arm around your neck as you lifted him.

"I missed you too! What about daddy? Did you miss him?" You asked, kissing his head.

"Do I have to go back to mommas now? I wanna go play with you and daddy." The toddler asked.

"Can we talk about the family picture that your son drew on my kit here, Paul? I can't get it off !" Eric snapped.

"I know how you clean, Singer. Let me take a look" Paul said,

The singer took his son from your arms and followed Eric over to his drum set. You watched as Paul looked from the kit to his son and then over to the drummer. His jaw dropped in shock at the drawing for a few minutes before he began to chuckle. Eric punched the older man in the arm, causing Paul to glare up at him before sitting Evan on the ground.

"You gave him sharpies to color with? And did you forget how to use a fork" Paul asked

"I told him to keep it on the paper! The sauce all over me is because Mr. Chaos here decided to not eat it but use it as FINGER PAINT" The drummer said

"I drew pictures, daddy, see? There's you, uncle genie, Eric Bruce, and Y/N, oh Maverick," Evan said, holding his hands on his face with a huge grin.

"It's a good picture bubba, I love it, but we don't color on instruments, remember? Can you tell uncle Eric you're sorry?" Paul asked, looking down at the toddler