Part 51- Final Chapter

(Reader POV)

You held on tightly to the singer's arm as he led you to the destination, as the butterflies built in your belly. You could smell the scent of flowers aligning the area. Paul stopped and kissed the side of your face for a second time, making it apparent that he was just as nervous as you were about what was about to take place. The two of you continued to walk for a few moments before you felt the singer let go of your hand and move away from you. You felt his hands go to the back of your shoulders, rubbing them slightly before you felt his warm breath on the side of your face.

"I'm going to take this blindfold away. Just look around the room before you say anything, okay?" Paul said.

"Yes, sir" You replied

Paul let out a deep breath and slowly undid the ties of the blindfold before pulling it away from your eyes. You blinked slightly and looked around the room, seeing the rows of candles lining the hallway up to a table with rose petals sprinkled everywhere. Tears filled your eyes, and you quickly covered your mouth to stop the building sob from escaping your body. You turned around and looked at the guitarist, seeing a shy smile on his face with tears in his own eyes. You shook your head in shock at the man, making his smile grow wider as he wrapped his arms around you.

"Happy Birthday, Baby" He whispered into your ear.

"It's so beautiful, I love you," You whispered back

"This is just the beginning of the night," Paul replied, grabbing your hand pulling you toward the table.

The singer pulled out your chair, allowing you to sit down and get a better view of the place. You took a seat and looked around more, hearing Motown playing in the background, making you smile up at Paul. He winked at you before moving to his own seat and handing you a menu. As on cue, a waiter appeared from the back of the room, bringing over two glasses of water. The two of you ordered quickly as you felt your stomach growl, realizing you had eaten little since that morning. You turned to the singer after the server walked away, grabbing his hand, clasping it in yours.

"I can't believe you did all of this for me, thank you so much," You said

"I told you from the beginning that I would do anything to make you happy, and I mean that. I love you, Y/N," Paul replied,

You leaned forward and kissed the singer's mouth, feeling him sigh before he placed both of his hands on the side of your face, deepening the kiss more. The two of you exchanged slow, passionate kisses between one another, forgetting for the moment you were in a semi-public place. Paul broke the kiss and grabbed your hand, pulling you to your feet and to the dance floor. You grinned hearing the same song the two of you had first danced to back in Oklahoma playing, 'Let's Stay Together.'

"I remember this song. It's when I learned you really had dance moves besides what you do on stage," You said.

"This is one of my favorite songs, and they played it on one of the many nights you made me a happy man," Paul replied.

"The night I agreed to move to California with you, I can't believe that's been over a year together. Now we are expecting a little girl, and I'm going to have close to the family I always wanted," You said, laying your head on the singer's shoulder.

Paul held you close to him as the two of you swayed across the floor, with the singer occasionally taking your hand and spinning you around in a circle. You laughed slightly and held on to him tighter as Paul sang the song in your ear softly. You felt your heart flutter a little faster as the singer pulled back and looked you in the eyes. He pulled away from you just as the song ended and reached into his jacket pocket, pulling out the same little white box.

"I want you to hold this and listen to everything I have to say before you respond or open it. Can you do that for me?" Paul asked.

"Yes," you replied, feeling your throat go dry

Paul kissed your lips gently before he placed the box in your hand. He dropped to his knee and let out a deep breath. You could see the worry and excitement all dancing in his beautiful dark brown eyes. The singer held your hands in both of his, rubbing his calloused fingers over the top of them. After a few moments, Paul cleared his throat and kept eye contact with you as he spoke.

"Y/N, I knew when I met you in that bar over a year ago that I wanted you to be in my life. You have a love for life and one of the kindest hearts I have ever witnessed inside a person. The love you have shown not only me, but my son makes me love you even more. I rushed to ask you this question before because it scared me you were going to run, but now I want to ask you this with the same promise. I promise I will do everything in my power to keep you safe and will do my best to make sure you never have a doubt in your mind that I love you. It is you I want to wake up with every morning to see your beautiful smile and take on life with you. You truly make me the happiest man in the world and I want to spend the rest of my life making sure you are just as happy. I'm never going to leave your side or our daughter's, no matter the size of the fight or the more you try to push me away. You are my soulmate and my question to you tonight is, will you be my wife?" Paul asked with tears in his eyes.

The tears fell down your face, and you covered your mouth with a free hand as you looked down at the singer. You felt a thousand of emotions hit you all at once as you thought over Paul's words in your head, trying to figure out what to say back to the man. Paul stood up and wrapped his arms around your waist before he planted his lips against yours, kissing you. The two of you stayed silent for a moment before you cleared your throat, making the singer pull back from you and look deep into your eyes.

"My answer is..." you said