Part 39

Paul spun around in one of the office chairs in their manager's office waiting for the rest of the band to show up. He had left you at home to finish the rest of the packing, so the two of you could just jump in the car and head off to the mountains for a few days of peace for your thirtieth birthday. The guitarist's mind racing on how he could fix everything through therapy before the baby was born without having to call it quits with you.

"You've been around Eric way too long, man. Are you trying to make yourself dizzy so you can leave early or just bored because we are all late?" Bruce asked from behind Paul.

"Um, I'm going to go with both. Since this big meeting had to happen an hour after Gene insulted my girlfriend by asking to pay her off to leave me." Paul replied.

"Can we get through one meeting without a heated argument? I will take Y/N shopping for baby stuff if you can behave yourself." Bruce said, taking a seat.

The singer started laughing loudly at the thought of Bruce, and probably Eric following behind you as you picked out stuff for the baby. Bruce wasn't a shopper and Eric caused too much mayhem to stop the three of them from getting kicked out of any store they go into. Paul grinned at Bruce, causing the younger man to laugh right along with the singer, both men wiping their eyes as Gene, Eric, and Tommy.

"Why wasn't this brought up at the store about a meeting? You know I have that trip planned." Paul asked.

"Well, we pulled you off to the side to talk about it, until Y/N kicked Gene's ass," Eric said, point up at the bassist

Paul looked up to see the small swelling around his best friend's nose and under his left eye. The singer covered his mouth, trying to stop any type of laughter from escaping his mouth. Gene rolled his eyes, wincing slightly, as he pushed the drummer towards a chair before walking toward the singer. Paul raised his eyebrows in surprise as Gene took a seat next to him and held out his hand.

"I want to apologize for how I spoke to Y/N. Both of you were right that I'm a little jealous, but Paul, I don't want to ruin my friendship with you even more. Pam put a big strain on us before." Gene said, staring the singer in the eye.

"I appreciate the words, Simmons, I really do, but you know we gotta see the action first. I love you like my older brother, but you are putting a stress on me I've never felt before. What I want you to do, as a first step, is to apologize to my girlfriend first." the singer replied.

"Alright, love birds, can we get this over with? I'd like to go on with my day," Eric spoke up.

Paul flipped off the drummer before shaking the bassist's hand. Gene nodded his head at the singer's previous statement, before turning around and looking at everyone in the room. The room stayed awkwardly quiet before Eric started spinning in his chair, trying to break the tension in the room like his child-like self. Gene cleared his throat, grabbing everyone's attention. The singer leaned forward in the chair and crossed his arms in front of him on the table.

"So in one of the fan magazines, I read that there are conventions all over the world that the KISS Army does. They share collectibles, sell merch, and just kind of a bond like the world's biggest black sheep family." Gene said.

"So you called this meeting to remind us all we have awesome fans?" Bruce asked.

"Shut up Bruce. I think I know where he is going with this. Tommy, go get some paper. We have some plans to make." Paul replied.

"As I was saying, I think we should put on the biggest convention ever, and start in Australia where Kissteria started. All of our own personal collectables, vendors, all the outfits from every era, and the biggest part an acoustic set with a question-and-answer segment." Gene said.

"Sounds cool to me, but how many cities are we talking about? That's going to be a lot of moving stuff." Bruce said.

"What about Y/N too though? Paul, she's due in three months. Do you really want to be halfway across the pound and your fiancée goes into labor alone? I think it needs to be discussed more." Eric replied.

"If you wait until after the baby, you really will not want to travel. You'll have to take little Evan plus a new baby. I'm not trying to put you in a weird and difficult situation, but that's something to really think about." Bruce said.

Paul leaned back in his chair and looked up at the ceiling, thinking over his bandmate's words on top of the fighting that had been taking place between you and him. A break away from each other from one another may save the relationship. Tommy walked back into the room with a notebook and pen, throwing it down on the table. The singer leaned forward in his chair and ran his hand down the growing beard on his face.

"Paul, what do you think?" Gene asked nervously.

"I think it is a good idea. We have a few appointments when we get back, but let's get together later next week and discuss everything." Paul replied.

The singer looked at everyone in the room, seeing their mouths hanging open at his answer. He held his hands up, waiting for someone to speak up and tell the singer their concerns. Paul looked down at his watch, seeing he had ten minutes before he had to leave, and the room remained eerily quiet until Eric cleared his throat. Paul and Gene looked at each other as the drummer spoke. The singer glared at the younger man feeling anger build up inside of him, as the drummer brought your name into the conversation.