Part 19

2 Weeks Later

"How much longer are you going to need with your reflection in the mirror?" You asked, grinning at Paul.

"Oh, about two minutes. Are you excited, baby?" Paul asked you, turning around.

You nodded your head at the singer and grinned, thankful that the two of you could see and hear your baby on the ultrasound screen. The two of you had been getting along better since the fight in the guest house when you stumbled across the damaged dark room. Paul had gotten up the next day and called Killian's crew to get the repairs started. Plus, the two of you had been openly communicating, which was something you were still trying to adjust to, with growing up in a house where the only way to be heard was to scream. You looked up, seeing Paul smiling at you, finally ready to leave.

"How are you actually feeling? I know the morning sickness has been hitting more at night, which is very weird." Paul asked.

"I'll take it over the weird cravings. I can't believe you were willing to go out at 2 am to get pickles and ice cream," You replied with a chuckle.

"I'm just thankful you didn't eat them together, because I think I would have been a little nauseous. You know I'll do anything to keep you and our little one happy." He said, kissing your head.

"Alright, let's get going. We still have an hour before the appointment, but I'm sure traffic is going to be nuts." You said, walking down the stairs.

"Hey! You told me the appointment was at 9! That's why I got up two hours early to make sure I was ready," Paul moaned.

"Exactly! We've been dating for almost a year. Don't you think I know you a little better by now and how vain you are?" You asked.

Paul laughed behind you, grabbing the keys off of the counter for the suburban. The singer locked up the house and ran out to the car, and opened the door. You shook your head at the feeling of him smacking your ass and shut the door. He jogged over to the driver's side of the car and put his sunglasses on, grinning over at you as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Remember, no matter if someone has mad road rage, don't drive like an idiot." You said.

"Yes, Dear," He replied.

---------------------------

30 Minutes Later

"Y/N? Watch This!" Paul asked as he spun around in the doctor's chair

"So little blimp, this is your dad god help you, kid." You said, rubbing your stomach, watching as the singer slid past you into the wall.

"Okay, I should probably stop that before I either end up in the ER or pay for them to repaint the wall." He chuckled, holding his head.

You shook your head and pointed toward the seat next to you. Dr. Klein had come in and done the physical exam plus every test under the sun, some you had never even heard of. The two of you patiently waited for the lab work to be confirmed for the ultrasound. Paul listened closely to everything she had told the two of you, from diet to the prenatal vitamins. She stressed the point of needing to relax more, just as Dr. Davis had said the two of you in the emergency room.

"You know, I hope the baby has that little smirk of yours and humor. I just don't know if I can handle You plus Evan and the baby having so much energy. Just having you is enough most days." You said.

"Hey, my energy helps you out in a certain room," Paul said with a wink.

"That's what got us here, getting ready to hear the heartbeat of our baby," You laughed.