Skype Call

A beautiful lake shimmered the rays of sunlight onto the quaint house, shielded by a cluster of over-hanging trees. The occupants inside were some of the smartest on Earth, but one hiding out in a tiny tent was probably the cheekiest of them all.

The peaceful silence, however, was disrupted as black Audi and a classical black-and-yellow Chevrolet pulled up to the side of it. Out of the Audi came Natasha and Steve, whilst Scott and Raiva came out of the Chevrolet.

"Bumblebee, go wait by the lake, please." Raiva muttered before the engine hummed softly and drove away.

Nat lightly nodded to Tony as he held Morgan in his hand, a small wave from the little girl in pink directing itself at Raiva. She waved too, but saw how Morgan was slightly scared of Stella as she emerged from her back.

"Can we come inside?" The scientist asked and Tony sighed.

"Wait on the porch."

He took Morgan inside and brought out five glasses and a jug of juice, holding one out to Raiva before she politely declined. Neither her nor Stella were into that 'superfood juice'.

"Now, we know what it sounds like-"

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve interrupted Scott before Tony interrupted him.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Raiva sighed as she sat down in a chair.

"English?" Nat asked.

"It means, in Layman's terms, we're not coming home." The Autobot engineer explained.

"I did." Scott muttered.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?" Tony looked towards the shrink-man.

"A time heist?" He tried out the phrase in a squeak.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?" The billionaire grumbled.

"The Stones are in the past. We could go back, we could get them." Steve interjected before Tony could escalate.

"We can snap our own fingers, we can bring everyone back." Nat muttered with a harsh tone.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right, Raiva?" Tony turned to her as he saw her eyes were unfocused on the scene in front of her.

"Raiva?"

"She's dissociating, give her a few." Nat growled before she saw her eyes come back into focus.

"You okay?"

"Bumblebee needs me." She muttered an excuse before she stood and walked down to the lake, fortunately, in the sight of everyone else.

"Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism." Tony smirked.

"However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said... time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise."

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?"

"...No." He murmured whilst shaking his head.

"Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works."