35 | SINKING SHADOWS

The Castform laid on the ground in pain. Purple brusies were present all over it's body and it was panting. A small pool of blood was forming on the ground with a scratch mark at the top of it's head. It's eyes weakly opened, seeing the 2 scientists, one still unconscious while the other one was whimpering in fear. , tied up back to back with a bloody ­­mouth.

"Eyes over here pipsqueak!" a grunt roared. It turned it's eyes to the other side to see a Houndour growling at it. One of it's claw was stained, courtesy of making that scratch. Standing up tall next to it, looking down on the Castform, was a grunt, holding a red baton stick in his hand.

He bent down and picked the Weather Pokemon, it's head in the grip of his palm and picked it up, bringing it up to the same level of his face. His grinning face and stained teeth was the only thing the Castform saw as the man smirked. His face did a 180.

"Useless!" the man shouted as he threw the Castform across the room. The pokemon cried out in pain as it hit the wall across the room. Other grunts in the room laughed at the site.

"Castform!" the scientist shouted.

"Cast....form..." it weakly moaned.

"C'mon dude, that pokemon can't do shit if it's dead," one called out as he flipped a pocket knife up and down.

"You're speaking like it was already doing shit just now," the man walked up to the Castform. "This little shit can't even do it's job properly," he said, kicking the Castform.

"Careful dude, if Shade ever sees this..." another grunt started.

"Shade can go eat shit man, he always bosses us around," he complained as he scratched the back of his head. "Now let me have some fun for awhile," he said, stepping on the Castform.

"Stop it!" the scientist called out, but backed down the moment the grunt turned his head towards him. "I-If you keep doing that t-then Castform will d-di-die! Extracting it's abilitiy for weather information already took too much of it's energy!"

"Too much?" the grunt sarcastically called out, "then how much does energy does this little shit even has?" he picked the Castform up again. "But then again, it is just another weak pokemon, humans are obviously stronger," he grinned eveily, "and smarter as well know don't you agree?" he reached for his belt and pulled out a dagger, holding it to the Castform, facing the scientist.

"W-What are you doing?"

"Tell me what you know and how we can extract more from this fella right here," shaking its body up and down. Castform's blood was dripping to the ground, fear crawling up the scientist's spine.

"Stop it! Please!" the scientist pleaded.

"Oh shut up, if I hear more of your whining then you might as well just say bye bye to your Castform here," he threatened. "Actually, since this pipsqueak is already done for, might as well just finish the job," he raised the knife, ready to bring it down onto the Castform.

"No!" the scientist shouted as the light reflecting from the blade was the only thing it saw. It closed its eyes, imagining the blade as not a weapon, but as it's way out to end it's misery, bracing for the blade, but felt nothing.

"Cast...?" the Castform opened it's eyes, to see that the blade stopped an inch away from it. Purple aura enveloped the grunt's body as his sweat dripped down.

"W-What? Why can't I move my body?"

"Fox,"

That pokemon's sound was enough to send shivers down his spine. He moved his pupil to the corner of his eyes and saw the Delphox holding it's stick at him.