39 | ROYAL RUMBLE

What happened?

King Edgar Rory questioned himself. It was such a peaceful night, he had just finished his amazing dinner and wanted to catch up on some work when suddenly, the doors opened and his guards came running in, Pokémon at arms and pointing spears at him.

He was furious, to see the people who was supposed to serve him were not pointing their weapons at him and his wife who was cowering beside him right now.

"Well well well," a voice spoke, footsteps rang throughout the large throne room. Edgar looked up, and his face scowled at the sight of a man with neatly combed red hair. Eyes sneering down upon the King of Hoenn, the man smirked, "how the mighty have fallen, isn't that right your majesty?"

"What do you want villain," Edgar spat back, there was a reason why he became King and showing weakness was not one of them.

"Oh I'm sure you know what I want, the ring, Rory, where is it," the man asked. Edgar looked around himself, dozens of Magma grunts surrounded him with pokemon, there were 2 others that stuck out, a large muscular man, and a red haired teen.

"As if I'd ever tell you scum like you," the king replied and immedietly he felt something heavy pounced on his back and a claw was slammed onto the ground right next to his face. His eyes slowly darted up to see a Houndoom snarling at him.

"I don't think I can tolerate this anymore Master," Blaze said as he walked up to them. "I can just have Houndoom bite his neck off and get it over with,"

The man sighed. "Blaze my boy, how many times have I told you, we need to get the reason why we came in the first place and unfortunately, only the king knows where it is," he went over and pet Houndoom, stroking the black fur.

"Plus, I want him dead just as much as you do," he knelt down and stared at the king right into his eyes. "But I want to make sure that he watches while I take everything away from him as the land will grow when the don lander comes under my control,"

Now it was the king's turn to smirk. "When the don lander comes under your control? Maybe you haven't heard, but only the blood of the first people who controlled the three brothers can work with the don lander," he started, "and in this case, I have zero intentions on working with you,"

Shadows were cast upon the man's eyes so the king was unable to see his face. The man slowly stood back up and turned around. Silence grew between them until his shoulders started shaking, he was..... laughing?

"Hehehehehehhe........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!"

The small laughing into a loud laughter that even caught him by surprise. The man turned around, a sinister look plastered on his face.

"You? Working with me?" he gasped sarcastically, "When did I ever said that I needed you're help in controlling the Don Lander? I only need the one artifact to harness it's power my King, which in fact you know, what it is,"

His hand shot out and and grabbed the king's face tightening his grip. He winced in pain under the man's grasp.

"Dear!" the King's wife, Serena, called out in worry, but immdietly stopped moving as one of the knight's spear was pressed harder against her throat. The man smirked at it.

"Ahh what a sight, knights who were supposed to guard their king and queen with their life, are now threatening them with the weapons they were entrusted with," he started as he turned towards the king. "Now, I'm going to ask one last time, Where. Is. The. Ring,"

"Thunderbolt!" a voice shouted as the man immedietly jumped back just as said move was shot through where the man was at earlier. The king turned to the source of the attack and saw a pink glow fading away, revealing a group of teenagers and... his daughter?