30 | WE TRAIN

Corvis grunted as he held up both of his arms , blocking an incoming punch from Tatsuo. He gritted his teeth in pain as Tatsuo had a huge grin on his face, revealing his own fangs, visible, but not large enough to stick out of his mouth.

"You have good defenses," Tatsuo started, "But what about your reflexes?"

All of a sudden, Corvis felt something hit him on the side. He spat out saliva as he saw Tatsuo's legs buried into the side of his stomach. Corvis was sent flying as he fell into the dirt on the ground.

"Get up, we barely started," Tatusuo said as Corvis rubbed any saliva on his mouth, staring at him with such annoyance.

He remembered how Tatsuo had agreed to train Corvis, to hone his mind and skill so that he could be more suited and prepared in using the Dragon Gift to reach it's full potential. Ad after days of delaying, the dragon boy showed up at Corvis' window without any note and nearly scared the living daylights out of him. And now here he was, being ordered by Tatsuo to started with hand to hand combat training. He knew how efficient Corvis was when it came to fighting, being taught what he knew by his Pokemon Ranger Father, but Tatsuo intervened about the true dragon style combat, so to teach it, he had to learn how Corvis was at basics.

And it led to Corvis' ass being kicked down multiple times.

Both were training at a secluded area where they won't be interrupted by anyone, or as Tatsuo had put it, to make sure they didn't hurt anyone instead. Bruises were forming on parts of Corvis' body from all the hits he was getting at from Tatsuo, and it just kept coming.

"Anyone ever told you that you talk too much?" Corvis got up, clearly annoyed

"Good, at least if your fists can't do the fighting, your mouth will definitely do the trick," Tatsuo said as he got back into a fighting position. Corvis ran up to him, readying his right arm as Tatsuo eyes darted to his arm. Just as Corvis was about to throw forward, he instead threw it back before getting on the ground, kicking Tatsuo's feet.

"Always play your opponent's eyes, that's what my father taught me," Corvis grinned.

However, instead of falling to the ground, Tatsuo managed to kick back just as Corvis was about to sweep his legs, jumping backward, doing almost a backflip, jumping a few feet away from Corvis. He almost gasped in awe seeing how far he managed to jump back onto a tree branch

"Give your oppoentns false hope, then strike from the unexpected, that's what I was taught," Tatsuo grinned

"How did you? What?"

"This is something you can do as well, those with the blood of Lord Drakkon, will also have the instincts of a dragon, you being a direct descendant of him, you can do so much more than any of us," Tatsuo said as he jumped down from the tree branch. "But we all trained ever since we were young, your abilities were kept hidden from you for some reason, and we need those abilities mastered now than ever because of the-"

"The so called incoming war am I right?" Corvis had enough of hearing the same thing over and over again. He was going to kept in the dark, and he didn't know how long he would be. "That's what you keep calling it! But you never tell me more it, you and that big guy up there!" he yelled in anger as Tatsuo looked like he was ready to maul him.

"How dare you speak of the mighty dragon like that, he is who we worship!"

"Yeah sorry but I never chose to be a part of this,"

"You're right," Tatsuo started, " You never chose this, but your blood did, and now you bear the responsibilities, no matter what you choose, there are things we can't control Corvis," he said as he ran up to him " and one of them, is Fate," he threw his fist as Corvis grabbed it.