interlude | tell me the truth

Blaze's lips tembled. His body shook as he stood infront of the door to Vulcan's rooms. He couldn't remember when was the last time he ever felt his way, a feeling of nervousness that almost made him want to vomit.

Was it really nervous? Even he himself couldn't tell how to describe he was properly feeling at the moment but he had to confront him. It's been weighing on his mind ever since the attack on the Regal Palace.

"You can use Ultimate Evolution, it's connected to the gift that we get from the first people who controlled the Brothers of Hoenn, in your case, it was Leonardo! That makes him your ancestor doesn't it!"

"These gifts are ancient! You think you can just give it to someone else just like that!"

"Do you even remember anything before Vulcan supposedly gave you that gift!"

Blaze susddenly winced in pain, grabbing onto his head.

"Ugh, what is this?"

His head pounded, the same process that's been repeatedly happening over and over again ever since that day. Why does he keep seeing this visions? He just wanted to continue on, training his Houndoom, mastering his gift. All for Team Magma's sake.

But was doing it all for Magma's sake worth it?

His mind was all over the place as he struggled to gather the willpower to knock on the door. After a few more minutes of self convinving, he finally had the courage to knock on the door, three times, just like how Vulcan likes. Anymore than 3 knocks then it would've been no different from a death wish.

"Enter," Vulcan's works spoke from inside. Blaze gulped as he pushed the door open and took a few steps in. His eyes wandered around the large room and saw Vulcan sitting on his desk as usual. His mighty Camerupt laying down on a large pillow next to his table. Vulcan looked up and stopped what he was doing.

"Blaze? Shouldn't you be training as of now?"

Blaze bowed. "Yes master, I was, but there was something I wanted to ask you before I continue, it won't take much of your time"

Vulcan sighed. "You know how important it is for you to master the gift I worked so hard to give you," he stood up and walked away from his seat. "Very well, what is it you wish to know?"

It's now or never. "Where am I from?"

Vulcan's body tensed. He raised his eyebrow. "Come again?"

"Where am I from Master?" Blaze repeated his words. "I want to know where I came from,"

"You came from me," Vulcan said firmly, "I found you as an abandoned child, I gave you a home, shelter, food, yet you still question me?"

"And for that, I am thankful," Blaze interrupted. "but before you found me, did I already have these gifts" he raised his hand out, as a way to show Vulcan what he was talking about.

"Not all of us are lucky enough to be blessed with the gifts bestowed by the Great Don lander my boy, my body is too old to hold the gifts, that's why I passed them onto you,"

"Did you really?"

"Huh?"

Blaze gulped. He could almost see the aura of anger that Vulcan was emitting. His hands who were behind his back, slowly made their way towards his sheathed dagger, in case things got messy. He was this far in, no point backing out now.

"If these were gifts given to us by the Brothers of Hoenn, can they really be easily passed them to other people?"

Vulcan narrowed his eyes.