3 - 1

A month went by pretty quickly.

I had spent the entire time recuperating in my own bedroom. I was actually bored as hell during this time because there was no entertainment in this world, technology wasn't advanced enough here and I didn't have my lively games or anything to watch or read.

As for food, meals were brought over everyday...

Actually, they would sometimes forget to bring me food for three days minimum and a week at most but I think they were purposely doing it. Everytime a maid came to bring me food, they would always look down at me and use an arrogant tone when speaking to me, more like yelling.

I would never thank them either, all they do is just toss the food at me or on the floor and the food wasn't even enough nutrients for a child.

No wonder I looked shorter and skinnier than usual but because my body had fused with Ryan's, it had gained back some meat and the injuries had healed much faster.

Approximately 60-70% of my injuries were already healed when they should've taken more than 3 to 6 months. I hadn't bandaged them that well after all.

Even though I didn't want to eat the food they brought, I had no choice since there wasn't any food here. I was also worried that they had poisoned the food but I couldn't tell.

In the end, I ate it because Ryan had lived here for 5 years and hadn't died from food poisoning so maybe it was okay? Unless they added a drug that would make me weaker or something.

Urgh, it tasted so stale and awful. It tasted expired as well. Why did I even try?

I miss my potato chips...

AHHHHHHH!!! I miss my snacks!!!!

The food here tastes like it had been left out in a wet environment where the sun don't shine to let it grow musty and inedible just to make it unpalatable for me!!

After I finished the meal with much plight, I gulped down the glass of water to wash away the unseemly aftertaste and pushed the tray to the side. I went back over to my and laid down on my stomach while flipping through a grimoire the goddess had given me.

The goddess had 'blessed' me with memories of Ryan Albrecht, common knowledge about this world, activated and enhanced my ability to use every type of magic and gave me a weapon which was this grimoire in front of me I was currently reading which relieved some of my boredom.

In this world, a grimoire is a very rare item and the amount can be counted on one hand. So the goddess gave me something useful I guess.

When I got it, the grimoire was just chilling in my consciousness so I imagined it in front of me and it appeared in mid air.

The name of this grimoire is 'Diabolic Penance' which is a pretty fancy name.

I dropped my blood on the cover so I could make a contract with it, so unless I died or broke the contract myself, no one else would be able to steal it from me.

The grimoire was actually very pretty and intricate. The main colour theme was purple with golden patterns inlaid as little threads. The cover was a picture of a butterfly but it was very devilish like and the wings resembled a skeletal structure, sharp like daggers.

Most of my knowledge came from the novel itself but the protagonist wasn't a magician and they only went deep into when it was necessary. The Heroine was a magician but the novel never explained how the magic system in this world works except for the four elements and the two special elements basically everyone knows.

Luckily for me, the goddess gave me the basic information about it as well.

The four basic elements are fire, water, earth and wind. The secondary elements are light and darkness.