27-3

Ryan's POV

A space devoid of light. I walked and walked with no end in sight. Suddenly, a voice in the distance could be heard.

I followed it with just a few more steps. The sobbing of a child so clearly resonated in my ears. The back of a child sat on the ground crying all to themselves, intermittent words spoken through the cracked sobs. "I'm sorry... Hic... rry... m sorry... Hic hah... hic... I'm sorry..."

My mind blanked for a moment, slowly comprehending the situation. "Don't cry. What's wrong?"

I took a step closer, wanting to comfort the child but it only increased the details of the child's appearance instead. I froze, stuttering out. "Ry...an...?"

The child crying had white hair and pink eyes. It was Ryan...

Why... What...

Suddenly, another figure appeared in a dishevelled state. Her arms stretched out to the child as a shrill scream followed.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU'RE THE REASON... YOU'RE THE REASON WHY- JUST DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! WHY DON'T YOU JUST DIE!! AHHH!!"

The child's sobbing was choked in his throat. He struggled and struggled, grasping onto her arm strung around his neck. He could only weakly cry." I-I... So... rry... mu... hurt... s... hic... "

The woman thrashed in anger and cried miserably." It's your fault... Your fault... If only you were gone... Why were you born? Why aren't you normal?! Die! Die! Die! Die!"

The grip became stronger and stronger, the child was about to pass out. The red eyes with pink pupils gazed upon the woman with despair and confusion.

I took a step back involuntarily. My eyes shook fiercely, face paling. My heart raced wildly like a loud drum being beaten. I didn't know if I was still breathing at that point.

I... I...

My breathing became erratic and wild, uneven from heavy to light.

"That's not Ryan..."

I whispered.

"That's me..."

Something wet fell from my face.

That's not Ryan Albrecht. That was me.

Suzuki Ren.

My head buzzed. The woman's face was so blurry and hazy, I felt like her figure was fading into the darkness of the space. I couldn't feel any strength, my arms just wouldn't listen to me and fell limply.

'Can't... Breathe...'

"You're so weak."

A voice whispered in my ear in contempt.

"It's your fault for being weak."

It whispered once again.

"If you weren't so weak, you could just strangle her back!"

It clicked its tongue and seductively closed in.

"How about it? I can help you... Just trust me..."

"Trust me and give yourself to me."

Give myself...?

I...

Right... Why don't I?

Since I wasn't meant to be...

No!

I struggled and burst out in strength, shattering the scene and coughed violently.

.
.
.