4 - 1

I walked into the adventurers guild, hood covering my head. All the people lounging around had those stereotypical muscles and armour, drinking beer and looking a bit thuggish like. They were exact replications of fantasy adventure guild taverns.

Some of their faces were intimidating which did frighten me a bit; I just ignored them, keeping my pokerface in tact. It was visible to see who were in groups with each other and who was just staying here for the purpose of staying here.

I walked up to the receptionist, and because I was short, I had to call out. Now, I haven't spoken to anyone since I first arrived in this world so this lady should be feel honored.

Honestly, the receptionist was a beauty. She had wavy red hair and wore a blue uniform with a blue beret which is most likely the guild uniform. What I found really attractive was how great she looked with glasses on.

Anyways, I cleared my throat and spoke. "Excuse me, I want to sign up to become an adventurer."

The red haired receptionist heard my childish but emotionless voice and looked down in surprise.

Okay, I don't know why my voice sounded so dead and monotone but I assure you I used to scream down the mic when I played pvp games with many emotions.

I guess this is probably due to Ryan. Poor child, they really did a number on him.

The red haired receptionist saw me and smiled. "Are you sure you want to become an adventurer? You're quite young... How old are you?"

Oh no... I remember reading this in an isekai manga where the protagonist gets reincarnated into a child and becomes super OP so they decide to go sign up to become an adventurer just to get looked down upon by everyone only to then show off his power and shut everyone's mouth and sign up beautifully!

"None of your business." I stated flatly. I was preparing myself to receive ridicule as a child, however, it never came.

Instead, nobody even cared at all that I was a child that came to sign up. In fact, I could even hear some of them chatting and snickering pretty loudly.

"It's another kid again."

"How long do you think this one will last?"

"Probably a day or two? We see kids coming over here so often trying to rake in the cash hahaha."

"Don't underestimate some kids. Remember that one from last time? He brought back a pack of demonic wolves as corpses."

"That kid's just a monster ay'?"

"I saw, it was wild!"

Geez, they were even betting how long I would last, losers. They have nothing better to do than gossip huh? Most them are probably low level adventurers and weaklings. But what they said did interest me with another child being called a monster. I think I know who that is.

My attention was brought back by the lady though.

"Oh, my apologies for the abrupt question then... It's just that you look extremely young." The red haired receptionist looked a bit awkward but she still dealt with more unruliness and regained composure relatively quickly and said. "My name is Roxy by the way. To sign up, you need to pay a signing fee of 1 gold coin."

Hearing this, I ignored the first sentence and went straight to giving 1 gold coin to her. She accepted it and didn't seem to mind me not speaking much. After that, she brought out a silver plate and put it in front of me.

In the novel, the protagonist had also become an adventurer under an alias to gain connections and support to help him bring the Lockhart family down so this process was also a breeze. That child who was described a monster by those low leveled people was probably the protagonist.