19-3

Now that Ryan thought about it, he only realised a day after that the heroine and protagonist had already developed a friendship or senior/junior relationship.

He was in shock. 'When did they become familiar and how come my ass didn't notice? Well it's not like I was gonna stalk them and my luck in not bumping into them so far was good. Maybe I'm just over thinking things too much... The original 'Ryan' didn't meet the heroine until much, much later anyways. Maybe the plot of the world hasn't activated for me yet and me meeting them now was thanks to my own actions.'

After pep-talking himself, Ryan heaved a sigh and felt the world had just become brighter... Or not.

" We need to sign our names on this sheet and give it to the professor. Senior Lukas and senior Elijah will be a part of the group so their names are also on the paper." Alicia handed Ryan the form so he could write his down and then passed it to Kanza.

While Kanza was writing his own name down, he also spotted another name.

" Ehhh? Who's Jake Fingerdip? His last name's sounding a little funky. " Kanza pointed out and showed Ryan.

"Stop being rude." But in reality, Ryan was also judging the last name. 'Fingerdip? Really?? Which ancestor hates themselves to this degree they gave this surname to their descendants?'

"It's a classmate of mine in my classics class. He's very friendly and nice don't worry, I think you'll get along very well." Alicia took the form and put it away with a cheerful smile across her face. "That's a total of 6 people. Our group is formed now."

"By the way, where were we going again? I already forgot."

Alicia answered by explaining, "We are going to visit the historical ruins of Waterpalace, situated in Fallen Garde which is a part of the O'Phellia Empire's border. Waterpalace belonged to a tribe called Falaks and had high affinity towards water spirits which is where the name of the land comes from. It's created with water flowing throughout the land."

" What made Waterpalace into what it is now then? " Ryan asked.

Kanza also chirped in with enthusiasm," And what happened to the Falak tribe? If Waterpalace became ruins, isn't it an abandoned land? "

" Let me think about it for a moment, I read up on it a bit in the library... The Falak tribe was a small to medium sized tribe that existed 500 years ago but they were invaded by the O'Phellia empire when they were expanding their territory due to Emperor Adelio Fredrick De O'Phellia IV's desire to control the east." Alicia took a pause to drink some water before continuing, seeing Kanza's engrossed face.

" And then? Don't leave me hanging girl-"

" Let her drink in peace stupid. " Ryan kicked him.

" STOP AbUsInG me Ryan-chwann~! You know my body doesn't like it! "

Ryan had black lines over his face: "..." This kid can't go one second without making everything sound weird can he-

" Ahem. " Alicia coughed and put her water down." Continuing. The O'Phellia empire gave them the chance to surrender but refused so the emperor ordered for the Falak tribe to be exterminated. Waterpalace was taken over but the emperor, Adelio, was cursed which followed to his descendants by the water spirits at the same time, as for what curse, it's unknown but there are many speculations. "

" This emperor Adelio sounds pretty dumb to me. Aha ha ha ha! " Kanza snorted arrogantly." Who would be dumb enough to attack a place blessed by the spirits? If it was me..."

"If it was you, you'd make a mockery of yourself to the point even the water spirits would just ignore you, even more impossible for them to curse you either." Ryan jabbed at him with his words mercilessly.