17-2

Clang--

The swords rang and verberated against each other. I backed away and brought my sword in a front stance.

Then, I attacked once again, hitting against the middle of the blade.

Clang-

Clink-

The students on the side began whispering rather loudly in confused voices.

"What the hell is he doing?"

"He's so slow when attacking."

"Can you even call that attacking? He's just swinging it."

Daniel was pensive while Archie gawped with blinking eyes. He pulled Daniel's arm and agitatedly said, "Even if Ryan isn't good, I can help him right?"

Daniel didn't respond and stared at Ryan with scrutiny. Emily didn't even bother, to her, Ryan looked timid and stiff with his handle of the sword and kept her eyes closed, deep in her own thoughts.

I knew my style of fighting was unimpressive and boring in the eyes of the students, who prefer flashy and fancy moves. It was quite obvious that they preferred looking a certain way even when fighting, they had to look extremely cool.

I was holding the sword correctly but my attacks held minimal strength and the pacing of my attacks were awkward. If need be said, it was total trash.

Even Aston was giving me eyes, I couldn't really understand what he was thinking but I could speculate. Maybe he's thinking that I wasn't taking this spar seriously, or that I was actually like this, or maybe think I was trying to hide my real skills.

Technically, I was but wasn't at the same time. I can't bring out the full extent of my power when the weapon wasn't even right. ToT

I had the same problem Emily had but mine was worse because I use butterfly knives.

Truthfully, I did have training in the sword but I wasn't talented in it. I was average and that old man always egged me on to learn it anyways so I do know how to use it but...

Yeah no, I can't see an opportunity to strike. Sigh, I am not fit for being an open attacker at all. So I decided to open my mouth. "Teacher."

"Hm? What is it student Ryan?"

"Do you want to see me trying my best or do you just want to gauge how well I am at using the sword? Or..."

Aston stared at me as if ascerting what I was aiming for. His lazy posture suddenly straightened and gazed on me with mirth.

I put my sword down and waited for his answer, the sword was tiring my bony arms after all but it didn't look that way at all in the spectator's eyes, all whispering about my intentions.

"It depends on you student Ryan." Aston spoke, tone light yet also deliberately lowering the pitch of his voice.

I raised my brow.

"What do you want from me, or rather, what do you want from Rauxirth? Why did you choose this course?"

A deliberating answer by giving me questions. He wants me to think about whether I should conceal my abilities or get the full benefits of Rauxirth by being serious?

Aston Karsten... This man is truly no joke, definitely worthy of being a teacher even if he wasn't one of the strongest swordsman, but that was an added bonus.

'Alright then, I'll give him what he wants.'

"Huu..."

Aston's eyes changed along with the more perceptive students such as Daniel.