You promised

Trigger warning: Mention of rape

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" Ned screamed.

"MAYBE I DID, BUT DO YOU THINK I'M HAPPY WITH IT?" Peter screamed back. 

"I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE YOU ARE!"

"WHY WOULD I BE?!"

"Guys calm down" MJ tried to calm the boys down since they were attracting a lot of attention in the hallway. But they ignored her.

"OH, MAYBE BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE PITY?!"

"YOU KNOW I HATE PITY!"

"ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?"

"YES!"

"AND WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?"

"Guys, please don't do this" MJ tried again.

"BECAUSE YOU-"

"NED! Don't!"

"MJ SHUT UP!" Ned screamed at MJ, he looked back at Peter and continued: "BECAUSE OF SKIP, EINSTEIN!"

Peter didn't know what to say. He felt tears well up in his eyes but didn't let them fall yet. Ned realised what he said. 

"Peter, I-"

"No" 

"But Pete-"

"I said NO!" Tears streamed down Peter's face, "You promised, you PROMISED you would NEVER TALK ABOUT THAT!"

"I know I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" Peter grabbed his backpack which has fallen on the ground and turned around to walk away. 

"Peter wait." Ned placed his hand on Peter's shoulder to stop him, which made Peter flinch, hard. MJ swatted Ned's hand away.

"He said he didn't want to hear it." She said angrily. Peter walked away, leaving the school. Not knowing where to go. He just walked as all the memories came back.  

"Mommy, do you and daddy really have to go?" 8-year-old Peter asked. 

"Sorry Petey, but mommy and daddy have to go. It's really important for our jobs." Mary responded.

"Okay. I'm going to miss you." 

"We're going to miss you too Peter. But Skip is here to keep you company. See you in two days, sweetheart."

"Bye mommy, bye daddy."

"Bye Petey" Mary and Richard said in unison. 

Peter watched as his parents left. When they were out of sight he turned to his babysitter, Skip. 

"So Einstein, whatcha wanna do?"

"Can we play with my cars?"

"Of course, let's play with your cars!"

Peter and Skip went to Peter's playroom and played with Peter's cars in silence. 

"Skip?"

"Yes, Einstein?"

"Why do you call me Einstein?"

"Well, Peter. Do you know who Einstein was?"

"Yes! He was a really smart guy who invented stuff!"

"That's right. And the reason I call you Einstein is because you are really smart for your age, so the nickname seemed appropriate."