Admirer

Set after the Death Cure au
———
The air was lively with upbeat music, causing some to dance and sway to the rhythm as other citizens were entering the arm wrestling contest nearby, hosted by Minho. People were happily gathered in crowds and mingling with friends as they ate to their heart's content.

It was the annual traditional party in paradise, celebrating their freedom and hard work in their new home. A joyful time for everyone.

He silently stared at the joyful crowd, noticing Newt enjoying the stew as his best friend cheerfully patted Frypan's shoulder who beamed at the praise. Only problem was Thomas felt slightly exhausted from his long run with Minho earlier as he leaned against the wooden bench.

"Hey there, handsome." A feminine voice spoke, seductively as he turned his gaze onto the person next to him. It was a blonde girl, a fellow citizen called Callie.

He nodded in greeting and watched her approach him with a flirty smile on her face as he frowned at the unwanted attention. There was only one girl that was constantly stuck in his head and she wasn't here.

"Wanna dance?" She asked, confidently as her hand touched his arm. Like she knew what she wanted and how to get it.

He instantly paused, not knowing what to to say before Callie took his silence in agreement and began pulling him towards the dance square. This was not how he had expected his evening to happen, a frown still on his face as he tried to find the courage to reject the blonde girl.

Then a glimpse of wavy raven hair suddenly caught his attention, causing him to stop and crane his neck in order to see more. He didn't know if it was her, his heart pounding at the thought of the blue eyed beauty as he intently stared at the alluring sight of Teresa dancing.

He couldn't believe it, his brown eyes widen in surprise as her hips swayed to the rhythm of the music. There were pretty flowers trapped within her dark raven hair, shaped like a flower crown just like the other girls as she tilted her head and giggled at her friend. She looked beautiful.

Her floral sundress fitted her perfectly, showing off her curves and bare shoulders as the hemline brushed against her thighs. To Thomas, it was more of her then he'd ever seen and he was mesmerised.

"What are you looking at?" Callie spoke, irritated as she noticed he stopped moving and stared at him. She slowly glanced in the same direction as him and saw that Thomas was staring at another girl. She gritted her teeth in annoyance, noticing the desire and longing in his brown eyes as his gaze remained fixated on the dark haired girl. Something she didn't like.

"Hey, your here with me!" Callie yelled, annoyed as she stepped in front of him. Her voice was so bitter and loud that it caused other people to glance in their direction with curiosity including Teresa.

Thomas flinched at her loud voice and breathed in deeply as he turned his attention back onto Callie. He felt slightly irritated and didn't know how to reject the blonde girl without causing a scene.

"You're finally here, Tom. Took you long enough." A familiar voice cut in, the scent of lavender and something uniquely her instantly engulfed him as her arm linked with his. There was playful look in her beautiful blue eyes, amused at the situation he was in as she stared at him.

When she glanced at the blonde girl, a frown grew on her face before it quickly disappeared. She didn't like that look on Callie's face towards Thomas, feeling spikes of jealousy inside her chest.

"We were actually in the middle of something." Callie responded, irritated at being interrupted by the same girl that caught Thomas's attention. The same girl he was still staring at with a soft expression on his face.

"Let me join then." Teresa answered, innocently as a idea flashed through her head. She started dragging a silent Thomas towards the wooden branches, not even waiting for a response and heard the blonde girl following behind them.

Thomas swallowed hard, watching Teresa push him onto the bench before she made herself comfortable on his lap and saw her innocently smile at him. His arms instinctively wrapped around her small waist as heat rose onto his cheeks and didn't notice Callie scowl at them.

"Are you two together or something?" Callie sneered, not liking how close they were sitting as she stared at Teresa. She never had a boy ignore her like that and it infuriated her.

"Actually he's my boyfriend." Teresa responded, softly as she pressed a light kiss on his cheek. She knew this wasn't true but she wanted to put the blonde girl in her place, sparing Thomas the extra hassle.
"Isn't that right, Tom?"

Thomas nodded at her words, quickly catching onto her idea and felt a shudder run through his body from her kiss. He leaned into her warm touch as he pulled her closer to him, their bodies pressed against each other's.

She lovingly nuzzled his neck, her small hand touching his chest as she felt his breathing hitch at her actions. Maybe she was selling the act too well, her cheeks flushing red as his large hand gently stroked her dark raven hair.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend." Thomas muttered, quietly as he pressed a soft kiss on her bare shoulder. His lips unknowingly tilted up into a smirk, loving her reaction as he watched her shiver at his actions. He was so focused on the girl in his arms, he didn't notice Callie already walking away from them.

"Well that worked." She spoke with a laugh as she stared at him. A small part of her felt smug, scaring away another one of his admirers as she knew Thomas was an attractive man.

"Thanks, Teresa." He responded, softly as he stared back at her. His large hand fiddled with her flower crown, making it look slightly crooked as a small smile was plastered on his face.

Her blue eyes sparkled in delight, not moving from her position as she fondly smiled at him.
"You know this wouldn't keep happening if you were actually my girlfriend...." Thomas muttered, quietly as he tightened his hold on her small waist.

"Is....is this your way of asking?" She responded, her cheeks flushing red at his words. She felt herself being brought closer to him, not believing what she just heard.

"It makes it easier when other men look at you...." He responded, his brown eyes darkening as he caught another male citizen staring at Teresa. The male citizen glanced away when he saw Thomas staring back at him, not wanting to be caught.

"Ok. I'll be your girlfriend...." Teresa whispered, softly as her heart pounded faster at the thought of being Thomas's girlfriend.
"Good...." He muttered, quietly as he swept her raven hair and pressed a soft kiss on her neck.

"Tom?" She whispered, shakily as she noticed his lips still lingering on her neck. She shivered in his strong arms, a gasp escaping her mouth as he started sucking on her soft skin. Her fingers unknowingly clutched his shirt as she stifled a moan, trying to be quiet.

After a while, he slowly pulled away as his darkened brown eyes stared at the mark he left on her neck. His thumb softly stroked the kiss mark, loving her red flushed cheeks as dazed blue eyes stared back at him. This should ward off any men from his Teresa.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)