Forty-seven

My brain edges away from fear and the never-ending disquietude when Red holds me firmer close to him, his mouth taking a possessive pace on mine as the kiss deepens

God, I missed him. And my longing body responds positively to his touch, as though it's been forever since I last satisfied the undying sexual craving I constantly have whenever this man invades my personal space. It's like a moth to a flame, the way every fiber of my body yearns for more.

Wildly, unyielding to any civility, we let ourselves fly into the highest clouds of desire. He gently eases his fingers through my hair, trying to massage the back of my head as we move from the center of the bathroom to the wall. My delicate French braid unravels, billowing my hair loose.

The heat rises in my blood, and a quick moan lashes out of my chest as his lips linger around my neck, his hand shoving the strap of my bra expertly, one after the other, freeing my breasts. I dig my fingers into his hair, and he anchors my stance as he lowers his position, pressing me back.

"Oh, Red," I whimper when he cups my breasts.

His wet tongue on my nipples turns them etched. My skin shudders like a slap of a winter breeze on a naked body, and my eyes shut off when he kisses my stomach, taking the waistband of my panties ever smoothly while squatting down. Every muscle tightens in response.

"Promise me you'll take extra care of yourself from now on," Red demands out of nowhere, and it feels like I'm adamantly overruling his mind since my fall in the stairs yesterday. "Please." He pants heavily, his eyes clouded by both solicitude and worry as I gaze down at him.

I catch my breath and whisper, "I promise."

It's something I'm utterly inclined to do now. Having a baby growing inside me feels like a dream, but if it's true then that's more than enough of a reason to do so.

"You had me die a thousand deaths yesterday," he says, sincerity lacing his voice. But his delectable endeavors proceed. "I never want to see you in that state ever again, Mia!"

The echo of anger and fright in his voice diminishes the thought that he may ever hurt me. Maybe he's dark and mysterious, but to me he feels like the light and a very simplified version of a man I can trust. He's just someone who cares about me unconditionally, and I feel it to my core.

And if he's not, then I'm truly fucked-up.

Deep inside my stomach there's still a quiver of sexual anticipation despite this unsolved puzzle in my heart. I step out of my pants, and Red's gaze stops about my midsection, beholding my plain white underwear as if he's debating on whether to take it off or not.

Just take it off and fuck me now!

He smirks as our eyes meet. Damn him, he knows what I want and yet he plays with my patience like a little favorite toy of his. And I swear I'll kill him if he leaves me like this. My eyes stalk him as he rises up, my chest shoring on and off as I breathe heavily with a frown on my face.