Chapter 30

"So, that's what happened."

The vice captain of second division finished as he looked at the confused expressions from everyone.

Silence....

"So...Black Dragon is not gonna declare a fight with Toman?" Mikey asked, his eyes blinking rapidly.

"Yeah." That was the reason why he and Mitsuya were late for the meeting.

Taiju asked his younger brother to bring his captain along so that he can explain what happened to him.

And Mitsuya could see Taiju was actually very serious.

"Yup. No need to worry anymore." Mitsuya spoke up as everyone turned into him.

Mikey nodded as he turned to Hakkai, "So, Hakkai. Your older brother became a good person?"

Hearing the world good person actually made him think about what happened yesterday.
_______________________________________

After Taiju came home kicking the door open and apologized to them, he immediately knelt down on the floor, bowing to them.

"I'm sorry. I promise I won't lay a hand on you both anymore."

Hakkai and Yuzuha blinked rapidly as she stood beside her younger brother.

"Taiju.. why are you doing this all of a sudden?"

He didn't even looked up as he kept bowing, "I... realised I was wrong, treating both of you like that."

Their eyes widened as they listened to what their older brother wanted to say.

"I promise, I'll change myself and try to be a good older brother for both of you."

Hakkai heard a sniffle as he looked at his sister, crying when she listened those words from Taiju.

Taiju Shiba, their older brother who has been abusing them since their mother passed away.

Yuzuha knew she couldn't blame her older brother for what happened, which cause him to be abusive.

She vividly remembered when their mother passed away in the hospital, Taiju was just staring at their mother with blank eyes, tears gushing out.

Her lifeless body on the bed.

And their mother leaving a heavy responsibility to him.
_______________________________________

"Okay, I forgive you." Yuzuha said, crying while watching his older brother's body shook.

He lifted his face up in shock, seeing his younger sister forgiving him this easily.

Even after abusing them for years.

"I... how could you forgive just like that." Taiju cried out.

Hakkai listened to them talking, trying to keep his tears.

He watched as his older sister made her way to Taiju.

She grabbed his left hand tightly, remembering the warmth from his hands.

The memories of her older brother grabbing  her right hand and younger brother's left hand when they were young.

And their mother's sweet smile when they were playing happily together.

"Nii-san. Let's start over, okay?" His sister grinned at him while crying.

Hearing the word nii-san from Yuzuha, made him broke down on front of her as he cried.

The last they called him that was before mom passed away.

He then felt his right hand being held, watching his youngest sibling crying as well.