A Very Rough Introduction

This is the second edited version! My alters wanted to add some things so we worked on it a little bit. I hope this version is a little more informative? Even enjoyable!

I added a couple of chapters and took one out... I kind of left all of Dean's POV alone... it seemed fine. I hope... I wanted to get our alters POV in here so I let them add what they wanted. Some of them wanted to... I'm trying to talk Dusk into adding... we will see.. but no luck so far.

Dean Bowman: Kind of a bully. Falls for a guy even though he was against gays his whole life. He's still in the closet.

Cayden: Dean calls him Cady. (Pronounced Katie)

Four kids, later:

Oldest Dean's- Arizona. Wild, into drugs and rehabs and jail.

Ariel- Oldest, Cayden's girl from previous relationship

Iris- Middle girl. The first for Dean and Cayden

Delilah- youngest for Dean and Cayden

I searched for a good and simple definition and found this one.

Dissociative identity disorder or DID: (It was called Multiple Personality Disorder but it was changed in 1994 to better describe the disorder.)

A disorder characterized by the presence of two or more distinct personality states.

Dissociative identity disorder, previously called multiple personality disorder, is usually a reaction to trauma as a way to help a person avoid bad memories.

Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct personality identities. Each may have a unique name, personal history, and characteristics.

My oldest daughter had the perfect explanation for this disorder. If you took a bowl and dropped it and it shattered into pieces, those pieces are the other personalities. Each one is a sliver of the whole person.

Our People:(In order of arrival, probably)

Cayden- Age: 30-ish-Host and gatekeeper, non-binary and gender fluid, Physician's Assistant

Dusk-Age: none- male Protector Asexual...Caretaker of our little

Cady-Age: 30-ish- female Sexual Alter- polysexual, System soother. Profession: Physician's Assistant

Our Little -Age: 5 years old girl- Child Alter Just adorable all the time

Roman-Age: 17- Teen Alter- Straight.. No job in our life or in our system. I'm not sure what his job is... but he makes me laugh and he's like a little brother to me. He's there to brighten my day and give me a break when I'm stressed.

Sarah- Age: 13-14 years old... I don't know a lot about her just yet... She is still very new to us.

Okay, I tried doing this like six different ways. I'm going to start this from the beginning in my point of view, I guess. And then we switch to our husband's POV for a chapter or so.

This is my life briefly but I changed the names in it for everyone's safety. These are some of the struggles and things I had to learn about myself all alone. I guess I hope that this story could help someone else out there if they are struggling too. You are not alone!

I hope you find it interesting and maybe even entertaining. Enjoy!

*****************************************************************