Just Arizona and Me

I got me and Arizona settled in Kansas. He loved his school in this small town and I applied at a few places but a grocery store hired me first. I was waiting for a prison to hire me but I took this job for now. I had a start date and I was ready. I had to pay rent.

My dreams bounced around into dark territory. Harley and that kiss. I couldn't move past it. It wasn't just with him but it was the fact that I felt something. I felt alive. But being a homo was wrong, right? I punched those thoughts out of my mind.

I spent a lot of time on my bench out back thinking about this. I vowed to my son that it would be just him and me. Maybe someday I could find a good decent woman to settle down with. Woman was the key word.

So, my first day at this store was orientation. Classroom shit. Great. I hated sitting around. I was a more active person and sitting made me bored and then sleepy.

I walked in and sat and looked around like everyone else. I saw college kids, a couple of high school kids and a few older people and then she walked in. She sat in a chair and looked at the table and she was gorgeous. Soft blonde hair down to her shoulders and pretty sparkling blue eyes. Man, she was special. Probably with someone.

The instructor walked in and introductions went around. Her name was Cayden. I was calling her Cady. She was so cute and shy. She talked briefly about her daughter who was three and that was it. No man. No husband. Just a daughter and she just moved her. I was getting a date with her.

I couldn't help it. There was something about her that was so appealing. I had to at least talk to her. I would try.

I was in the produce department and the woman, I forgot her name but it was weird. I knew it started with a 'c'. She was on a register close to the bananas and I felt that the bananas needed to be checked on. I couldn't neglect my job.

I walked over and checked on the bananas. They were good. They were yellow and shaped like a dick so yes, bananas. (Was that gay? Maybe?) I hate these things but she's there. I watched her deal with a customer with a smile. It was the purest and sweetest smile I had ever seen.

My soul stopped trying to do bad things just to watch. I felt like I was stained and dirty. Too dirty to talk with this gorgeous angel. She was from heaven if she was from anywhere. I swear my heart pounded in my chest and my dick began to tingle when she turned and looked at me.

Her smile became smaller but she waved a little and blushed. Damn it. She was...mmm. My mind went wild with the things that I could do with her. I didn't deserve her though.

It was lunchtime and my chance. I saw her with a small line and waited for my turn. I bought some M&Ms and a sandwich from the deli. My turn arrived. She scanned my stuff and looked up at me.

"Oh, Hi!" She smiled and my soul belonged to her. What was her name? Cayden. Cady. Right. Her name tag said Cayden. Pretty. Kind of a boy's name but okay.

"Hi. How's your day going?" I smiled at her. How could I not?

Cayden smiled. "Good. Not too busy. Is this all?" (So, I, Cayden, met Dean first. At this time, I was working and Cay was staying quiet. So this was me. I dragged this crazy man home!...later!)

"Yeah, just lunch." I watched her blush. She blushed so easily.

"Okay." She gave me the total and I handed her the money. I had a sense that I needed to go easy on her. Slow. Some kid was crying in line.

Cayden sighed. "I would give that kid candy just to shut them up!" But it was gentle and all in fun.

I laughed. "Would you? What would I get if I was bad?" I flirted. I know, shame on me.

She looked at the candy and chuckled. "M&Ms!"

I just laughed with her. She had a sense of humor and didn't get all weird.

"Well, have a great day....Cayden." I smiled and winked as I slid the M&Ms toward her and walked off. I loved the shocked look on her face. Priceless.

I did this every day. I found her line every day. The M&M thing became a thing. I picked different kinds to keep her entertained. We joked in line but it was always friendly.

Thanks for reading!