🌹31🌹

Jasmine's pov 👙

Jade and I stared at each other in total surprise.

Six years... It's been six years since we saw each other. It's been six years since I last spoke with her.. not even a phone call.

Six long years!

But what is she doing here? I thought she's married off to some rich dude?

I studied her, there's a smile on her face and she wanted to step forward..for a hug I guess..but she held herself.

The smile on her face suddenly wiped off as, her eyes flickered between Thanatos and I..she seemed to have figured something out.

But I ignored her expression and quickly pulled her into a hug..a very tight hug.

"Jade!" I exclaimed happily.

I had expected her to hug me back, but she pulled away from me and stared at me quizzically.

"Jade, it's been such a long time..how have you been doing?" I asked her.

I tried to reach for her hands, but she hides them away from me...I frown.

What is wrong with her? Why does she look like she's not happy to see me here? Why is she glaring at me as if I have offended her?

Or could it be that, she's just too surprised to see me?

"J-jade, what are you doing here?"

She tilted her head, raised an eyebrow at me and scoffed.

"I should be asking that, what are you doing here?" She said.

The tone of her voice is passing a very clear message, it's marking a territory... she narrowed her eyes.

"What are you doing here? Didn't you left us for your rich boyfriend?" She asked.

Jade sounded kinda hostile, she was just spitting out the words harshly.

My gaze turned to Thanatos, he's still laying there unmoved.

"I'm here for Thanatos" I said. "He's my boyfriend" I added.

"What?!" She exclaimed loudly in great shock.

She turned her gaze to Thanatos, then raised her hand and stared at her fingers.. her ring in particular.

My eyes furrowed as a thought suddenly strikes me... Don't tell me she's Thanatos arranged wife!

"A-are you his... "

"I'm his wife!" She completed my words.

I tensed and a strange cold breeze blew past me, I staggered back slightly.

The man my sister got married to is my boyfriend? My son's father?

The man my father was arranging for Jade then is actually... My boyfriend?!

"How could this be?" I whispered.

A man...the one that pulled me up earlier, cleared his throat and asked.

"Do you two know each other?"

I nodded quickly, but Jade shook her head..which made me frown.

"We're sisters" I said.

Jade didn't say anything, she simply glared at me for saying that..

Wait... Is she starting to hate me now?

"You're sisters?" The man asked.

I nodded. "Yes, she's my elder sister" I replied.

Jade folded her arms on her chest, she turned away from me and fixed her gaze on Thanatos.