🌹61🌹

Jasmine's pov 👙

The officers sat opposite us, their notes, pen and recorder ready to take ma Gloria's testimony.

"Mrs O'Briens, are you ready for us?" One of the officer asked.

Ma Gloria took a deep breath and nodded, though she seemed a little bit nervous.

"Alright, let's start with.. who's Mr Roman to you?" The officer asked.

"He's.. he's.. my stepfather"

Who's this Mr Roman everyone is talking about? How come I don't seem to know him? Or maybe I haven't seem him before.

"Your stepfather...."

the officer trailed off and jotted down in his note, then lifted his head.

"... can you tell us about your relationship with him?" He asked.

Ma Gloria nodded, she cradled Davis whom she's still carrying in her arms.. she had refused to lay him down.

"My mom got married to Mr Roman three years after my dad died, she took along with her, my sister and I.. Grace"

So.. it's true, doctor Grace is truly her sister.

"Roman already has a daughter who's the same age as I..."

"Sorry to cut you, Mrs O'Briens, but how old were you then?"

"I was 9 and my sister was 6" she answered.

The officer nodded and continued writing on his note, while ma Gloria continued talking.

"My late father's company was still functioning then and my mother was in charged, since my sister and I are too young to run a company... "

She paused and tilted her head as of she just recalled something.

"... Oh, Roman was poor then, but my mom married him because they were highschool lovers"

My eyes flicked towards Thanatos when she said that, Thana is also my highschool lover and I dropped out because of him.

Is it really compulsory that we'll spend the rest of our lives with our highschool lovers?

"So.. my mom was managing the company just fine. At first Roman loved my sister and I as if we were his own, he'd provide us with all the love and care in the world... "

Fake love, I scoffed mentally.

"... but we didn't know he was doing all that for his selfish reasons, when I was eighteen years old, he plotted and killed my mother...."

What?! He killed his wife?! How wicked can this man be.

"...then he started giving us ill-treatment...he stopped the maid from serving us food and he stopped giving us our daily allowance... "

I knew that's what he would do...if he can kill the person he claim to love, then her children will equally suffer.

"But before he killed my mother, he made her transfer all her shares in the company to him.. he started using the company's money lavishly, until the company started going bankrupt... "

She paused, her eyes glistening with tears as she spoke but she's trying hard to hold back the tears.

"... many of the shareholders and investors started withdrawing, the company was going down the drain and there was nothing I could do to save it...I couldn't bear to watch my parents hard work just go down the drain..."

Her story is making me emotional, I feel like crying and I don't get why. I've never being the type to cry easily, I've always been strong.

What's happening to me?!