🌹39🌹

Adele's pov 👙

         Las Vegas...kiddies elementary school.

"Thanks, Mich, I'll take it from here" I said.

Clark collected Davis's backpack and lunchbox from Michelle, while I carried him.

"I don't know what's wrong with him lately, he's been vomiting since morning.. I took him to the school clinic and Monica said he's fine... "

I rested his head on my shoulder and felt his temperature with my palm... he's slightly hot.

"He's fine, he's just missing his parents" I cut her off.

His fever is coming down slowly, I just hope Jasmine gets back quickly.

"Where's his mother?" she asked.

"They went on a honeymoon" I gritted out sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes and headed back to the class. I turned back to Clark and handed my handbag to him.

"Let's go"

"Hmm" he hummed and we headed towards the exit gate.

              ********

Clark parked in front of Jasmine's apartment, he to my side and pulled the door open.

I gently alighted the car with Davis's head resting on my chest, he's fallen asleep a few minutes ago.

"Davis" I called him softly.

He replied with groan, but he's not awake yet. Clark shut the door and we headed to the main door.. he pushed the door open and we stepped in.

"Davis?" I called him again.

He replied with another groan. I stopped in front of a sofa and laid him down, then shook him gently.

He opened his eyes this time.

"Davis, are you hungry now?" I asked him.

"No" he replied weakly. "Water"

Water? He's being drinking a lot of water recently, without any food.. that's why he's so weak now.

"Davis, eat something first"

"Water" he repeated.

I turned to Clark, he squat to our level and felt Davis's temperature.

"Something is wrong" he said.

I frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"His fever is getting worst, maybe we should take him to the hospital"

Hospital? Davis is allergic to hospitals and he's scared of needles.

"No, we can't"

"Why can't we?" He touched his forehead again. "Davis is having a high fever"

High fever?! Fear gripped me at once.

I checked his temperature myself, but frowned when I noticed his temperature isn't going up.

"But he's just slightly hot" I said.

He stared at me for a brief moment, he studied my expression and broke into a short laugh.

"What are you laughing about?"

He shook his head.

"Nothing, I was just messing with you... don't take everything seriously"