🌹37🌹

Writer's pov 👙

      Home of Hope hospital.. Chicago.

Thanatos scanned the data with a deep concentrated frown.

"You mean these two guys tempered with the car Clark drove?"

"Yes, sir" Peter answered.

He searched his iPad... and showed another photo of the guys in question.

"Our men spotted them with our suspect a few days ago" Peter reported.

Thanatos nodded, he closed the file on his lap and kept it on the bedside table.

"Where are they now?"

"They're locked up in the basement of your home"

He gave Peter a confused look, but Peter doesn't seem to understand.

"Which of my home?"

"Oh, Las Vegas, sir"

Thanatos nodded, he tried to rest his back on the headboard but couldn't.. his leg hanging up is an obstruction.

Peter stared at him as he struggled, wondering what he's trying to do.

He looked up and glared at Peter.

"Are you gonna give me a hand here?" He gritted out.

"Oh"

Peter rushed to him and helped him rest on the headboard, he also adjusted the blanket on his laps.

"Get me a glass of water" he ordered.

"Yes, sir" Peter replied.

He quickly poured Thanatos a glass of cold water, which Thanatos gulped down quickly.

"F**k! I was so dehydrated!"

Peter looked around with a frown, as if he's just taking note of his environment.

"Sir, where's Mrs O'Briens?" He asked.

Thanatos arched a brow at him questioningly.

"Oh.. I'm just asking since I didn't see her here"

"it's not in your place to ask about her"

"Yes, sir" Peter said.

He glared at Peter one more time, before reaching for his laptop on the table.

"How's my son doing recently?" He asked.

"He's being just fine, sir"

"Any complain from our men about attempted assassination?"

"No, sir"

He nodded and turned on his laptop, Davis's photo popped up.. that's his wallpaper after all.

He smiled at the photo.

"Remind them again, Davis must remain safe and healthy before my return" he said.

Though he was smiling while saying this, but the warning in his words were very clear.

"Yes, Mr O'Briens"

"Our suspect, any lead on him yet?"

Peter frowned, his eyes moved to the data he gave Thanatos a few minutes ago.. then back to the iPad in his hand.

"Sir, I just told you he was spotted with those two guys"

Thanatos tilted his head, with a furrowed eyebrows.