🌹45🌹

Adele's pov 👙

          Mike's kitchen....

"... thanks for your patronage" I said to a customer as he exit the restaurant.

A tired grunt left my mouth and I grimace, when my eyes landed on the table the customer just vacated.

There wasn't any rush today at the restaurant, but I'm d*mn tired and sleepy.. after all, I haven't been getting enough sleep since Davis gave me sleepless nights.

I would have loved to stay at home and sleep to my heart content, but that wouldn't look good.. I might lose my job for that.

My legs groggily moved towards the table, to clear the plates.

"Adele!" Elvis called me.

I lifted my head and saw him approaching me, he looked serious as though I've committed an unforgivable sin.

"Elvis...."

"The customer that just left, he stole from us" he said.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

My eyebrows furrowed.

"How? I was with him the whole time" I said.

"The storage keys, where is it?" He asked.

"The storage key, it's...."

I quickly searched my pockets, my eyes grew wide and my mouth fell opened when I noticed it's gone missing.

"But how? I didn't see him try to take it..."

A bang on the table cut me off, Elvis sent me a very harsh glare.

"We wouldn't have known if the chief security didn't notice it on time..."

I bowed my head, awaiting his serious scolding cause I know that's what's coming next.

"... this has never happened with you before, what's going on with you today? You've also been giving the wrong orders.. if you're tired, you should resign!"

I shook my head.

"No, Elvis... I was just... "

"Just what? Do you think this is a charity organization?"

By now the sleep that has been disturbing me, vanished.. I'm wide awoke.

"Everyone came to work here and I'd advise you do same too, be vigilant and... "

He trailed off when he studied my expression, he shut his eyes and inhaled deeply.

"Fine, I'm gonna stop scolding you.. but we're changing the lock and the expenses will be deducted... "

Oh no! Please don't deduct it from my pay! Please don't, I have plans for this month...

"That won't be necessary!" My brows furrowed, Clark?

I turned around and saw Clark dragging the customer with him, he pushed the customer forward and he fell on his knees.

"Here's the thief" he said.

Elvis smiled and quickly greeted Clark with a bow.

"Good afternoon, Mr Evans"

He reached out for a handshake, Clark grasp his but quickly withdrew his hand.

"Here's the thief, you can punish him in whatever way you want"

"Yes, yes" Elvis said.

I released a sigh, thankfully, my pay is safe.