🌹24🌹

Jasmine's pov 👙

                 Louisville (06:12pm)

Davis is still sleeping on Thanatos shoulders, he's standing beside me.. while I'm sitting next to Adele.

My eyes studied her features, a sigh left my mouth.

This is the first time I've ever seen her down, she looked so pale and I'm even doubting myself if what the doctor said is true...

Is she really out of danger now.

The door opened and Clark walked in, he's holding some papers in his hands.

"How's she?" I heard him asking Thanatos.

"Still breathing" Thanatos replied him.

She's breathing? She doesn't look like she's breathing to me, maybe she's breathing very weakly.

"Are you done with the paperwork?"

"Yeah..." Clark trailed off and walked closer to me.

I didn't look away from Adele, so I don't know what he's doing.. but I could feel he's staring at her.

"Jas, you must be feeling tired..."

He cut himself off, when he saw I was glaring at him.. but he continued, only that he changed his words.

"... I mean, you've been here since morning...you might wanna go home and freshen up and..."

He didn't complete his words, because Thanatos stopped him.

I guess he (Thanatos) could feel Clark's words are getting me angry... I mean, my friend who's been there for me.. how could he suggest I leave her like this?

"Baby, let's go home and freshen up, Davis will wake up soonest and he would be hungry... let's go home and prepare something for him" Thanatos said.

"Then what about Adele, she can't just lay here with no one watching her...who's gonna stay with her?" I asked.

He stayed silent, but I know he's staring at Clark right now.. and Clark in turn must be pleading with him, to persuade me into allowing him to stay here.

"Er.. Clark can stay here and look after her until you get back" he said exactly what I was expecting.

I got up and turned to Clark, he too a step back when he saw my eyes.

"I should leave Adele under his care? Who was reason she's laying here in a coma? Wasn't it him?"

He's mouth gaped as if he's a fish under water, I think he wanted to say something but couldn't find any words.

"Now you want me to leave her under his care? Never!" I said.

In fact I want him out, but I didn't voice that out.

"Baby, we should let him stay here and watch her, as a punishment for putting her in this condition..."

"No!" I replied stubbornly, before he could even finish his words.

Clark cleared his throat.

"Jas..."

"Don't say my name!" I yelled at him.

He flinched back at my outburst, even Davis who was asleep flinched in his sleep.

"... I'm sorry for my behavior, but the best way to show how sorry I am is staying here and watching over her" he said.

I glared maliciously at him, I have never liked this guy... I wonder if he's even a real friend to Thanatos!

Though the reason I hated him was... because he refused to tell me where Thanatos went years ago.