🌹2🌹

Jasmine's pov 👙

"Momma will come pick you up after school, ok?"

Davis nodded, he leaned forward and kissed my cheeks. I handed his lunchbox to his teacher and walked him to his desk.

You might be wondering why I gave his lunch to his teacher, that's because she's Adele's younger older cousin... I won't give his lunch to any random person.

"Be a good boy and don't give your teacher a headache, ok?"

He nodded again. I kissed his forehead and smiled at him.

"Momma loves you"

"Love you too, momma!" He replied.

I turned back to his teacher.

"Please take care of him, give me a reminder call after school.. I don't know if I'll be very busy today"

"No, problem, Jas!"

Adele groaned tiredly, she's being resting against the doorframe all these while.

"Why don't you just stay to keep him company?" She said.

"Well, I would if I could" I replied.

She scoffed and lifted herself off the doorframe, she grabbed my hand and started pulling me out.

"Bye, baby!" I waved at Davis.

"Bye, momma!" He waved me back with a very wide and bright smile.

I snatched my hand from Adele's grip, when we made it to the school gate.

"Just say you're jealous of our mother-son relationship"

"Me?! Jealous?!" She scoffed. "Never!"

She saw an oncoming taxi and stopped it, she bend slightly to speak with the driver.

"Mike's kitchen, sir"

"Alright, get on in" the driver said.

I pulled the door open and slide in, Adele slide in after me and the driver drove off.

"Because of your mother-son relationship..."

She emphasized on the *mother-son*.

"... we'll be getting enough scolding from Elvis!" She flicked my ear.

I simply smiled and shook my head, it's in her nature to whine over every little thing.

"We're lucky isn't Monday, there won't be any rush at the restaurant today"

"Fine! Fine! I'm sorry, tomorrow I'll wake up early and I promise our mother-son relationship won't get in the way"

With a doubting huff, she looked out the window.

I used my fingers as comb and smoothed my hair, because we were running late I didn't had any time to comb my hair.

"Your phone is ringing" Adele said.

I looked down at my phone on my laps, it's really ringing and it's Arthur calling.. I wonder why my phone is on silent mode again.

Then it clicked in my head, it must be my little devil at work again..

Davis never let any opportunity to play with my phone slip, I guess he put it on silent mode.

"Davis has started with my phone again" I grumbled as I reached for it.

"Hello, Arthur!" I said.

"Jas, I'm gonna be leaving work early today, just called to let you know I'll be picking Davis from school and take him to the park"