The Fires of Pompeii Pt2:

The Doctor and Galaxy look back to see a stone tile with what looked like a circuit board carved in it.

"Exactly as you specified. It pleases you, sir?" Caecilius asked. "As the rain pleases the soil." Lucius said as he looked at the marble. "Oh now that's...different." The Doctor commented as they joined them, "Who designed that then?"

"My lord Lucius was very specific." Caecilius said. "Where did you get the pattern?" Galaxy asked. "On the rain and mist and wind." Lucius answered. "Well that looks like a circuit." Donna commented. "Made of stone."

"Do you mean you just dreamt that up?" Donna asked the man. "That is my job...as City Augur." Lucius answered. "What's that then, like the mayor?" Donna asked. "Oh, ah, you must excuse our friend. She's from..."

"Barcelona." Galaxy quickly finished with it being the first thing that came to her.

"No, but this is an age of superstition, of official superstition. The Augur is paid by the city to tell the future. The wind will blow from the west? That's the equivalent of 10 o'clock news." The Doctor quietly said to Donna.

"They're laughing at us." A new voice said and they looked to see a young woman that looked rather pale and was swaying slightly, "Those three, they use words like tricksters. They're mocking us."

"No, no. We're not. We meant no offence." The Doctor quickly said.

"I'm sorry. My daughter's been consuming the vapours." Metalla apologised as she walked over to the woman. "By the gods, mother! What have you been doing to her?" Quintus exclaimed. "Not now, Quintus." Caecilius said quietly.

"But she's sick. Just look at her."

"I gather I have a rival in this household. Another with the gift." Lucius commented. "Oh, she's been promised to the Sibylline Sisterhood. They say she has remarkable visions." Metalla proudly told them. "The prophecies of women are limited and dull. Only the men folk have the capacity for true perception."

"I'll tell you where the wind's blowing right now, mate." Donna said as she and Galaxy glared at the man.

The ground shook.

"The mountain god mark's your words." Lucius said as he looked at Donna, "I'd be careful if I were you."

"Consuming the vapors, you say?" The Doctor frowned looking at Evelina. "They gave me strength." She replied.

"It doesn't look like it."

"Is that your opinion...as a doctor?"

"I beg your pardon?" His eyes widened.

"Doctor. That's your name. Just as hers is Galaxy."

"How do you know that?" Galaxy asked but was ignored as Evelina looked at Donna. "And you...you call yourself noble."

"Now then Evalina. Don't be rude." Metalla said. "No, no, no. Let her talk." The Doctor said. "You come from so far away." Evaline said as she gazed upon them. "A female soothsayer is inclined to invent all sorts of vagaries."

"Oh, not this time, Lucius. I reckon you've been out-soothsaid."

"Is that so...man from Gallifrey?" Lucius looked at the Doctor.

"What?" Galaxy asked as her eyes widened.

"Strangest of images. Your home is lost in fire, is it not?"

"Doctor, Galaxy, what are they doing?" Donna asked, looking at the shocked look on their faces.

"And you, daughter of...London." Lucius said looking at Donna.