Turn Left Pt3:

"Time and Relative Dimension in Space." The woman commented in thought as she and Donna were in the box, "This room used to shine with light. I think it's dying. We haven't been able to figure out how it's lasted so long, Astro won't tell us anything...it should have died with them. Had two or three close calls over the year but I think it's still trying to help."

"There you go again, trying to understand something you don't. And it's not an 'it', it's a 'she'." Astro spoke and they turned as he walked in and a weak and low hum sounded as he did and Donna saw sadness appear in his eyes before it disappeared. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"Blue's only hanging on because I'm still around. I keep telling her it's okay but she doesn't want to leave me on my own." Astro said as he looked up at the rotor. The woman thought she was doing a kindness to Astro by not allowing UNIT to shut him down and see how he works but really it's just torture, torture for having to see them use the Tardis in such a way.

"And...and you and it...she belonged to the Doctor and Galaxy?" Donna asked, correcting herself when Astro frowned at her. "They were Time Lords. Last of their kind." The woman answered. "But if they're so special, what are they doing with me?"

"They thought you were brilliant." She smiled. "Don't be stupid." Donna waved her off. "Well, you are! It just took the Doctor and Galaxy to show you that, simply by being with them. They did the same to me. To everyone they touch."

"Were you and him?" Donna asked and Astro snorted. "Not by a long shot. It was Galaxy that was with the Doctor." He replied and the woman sighed, turning to Donna where she smoothed her hand over her shoulder. "Do you want to see it?"

"No." Donna shook her head, but the woman peered at her back, "Go on, then." She said and they walked out of the Tardis, the woman leading her to the centre of the circle of mirrors while Astro stayed by the doors of the box.

"We don't know how the Tardis works, but we've managed to scrape off the surface technology, enough to show you the creature." The woman told her. "It's a creature." Donna asked in alarm. "Just stand there." She told her.

"Out of the circle, please." Magambo called. "Yes, ma'am." She said, stepping out. "Can't you stay with me?" Donna called but the woman didn't answer. "Read? And...activate."

The machinery whirled and the lights snapped one by one and Donna shut her eyes so she wouldn't see what's on her back.

"Open your eyes, Donna." The woman called. "Is it there?" Donna asked. "Yeah, open your eyes. Look at it." She said. "I can't." She shook her head. "Don't force the poor woman." Astro growled slightly. "It's a part of you, Donna. Look."

Donna slowly opened her eyes and saw it, in the mirrors was a giant black beetle clinging to her back. She gasped, spinning frantically, trying to get it off her. "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, calm down. Donna? Donna? Donna! Okay."

"What is it?" Donna asked, trying to stay calm. "We don't know." The woman said, apologetically. "Oh. Thanks." Donna said, managing to sound both terrified and sarcastic at the same time. "It's a Trickster Brigade." Astro said, looking at the creature.

"And what's that?" Donna asked. "Something that changes a person's life, makes someone make a different decision, things like that." He explained. "But with you, it's..." The woman said, shaking her head. "But I never did...anything important."

"Yeah, you did. One day, that thing made you turn right instead of left." The woman said. "When was that?" Donna asked. "Oh, you wouldn't remember. It was the most ordinary day in the world, but by turning right, you never met the Doctor and Galaxy and the whole world just changed around you."