The Unicorn and the Wasp Pt4:

"I've done nothing!" Lady Eddison exclaimed.

"You brought it back from India, did you not? Before you met the Colonel. You came home with malaria and confined yourself to this house for six months, in a room that has been locked ever since, which I rather think means.."

"Stop please!"

"I'm so sorry. But you had fallen pregnant in India...unmarried and ashamed, you hurried back to England with your confidant, a young maid, later to become housekeeper, Miss Chandrakala."

"Clemency! Is this true?" Hugh asked, alarmed.

"My poor baby. I had to give him away. Oh, the shame of it." Lady Eddison wept.

"But you never said a word!"

"I had no choice. Imagine the scandal, the family name. I'm British...I carry on."

"But it wasn't any ordinary pregnancy, was it?" Galaxy asked. "How can you know that?" Lady Eddison asked, startled. "Excuse me, Agatha, this is our territory." The Doctor said, helping Galaxy up and they moved over to the fireplace as Agatha sat down.

"When you heard the buzzing in the dining room you said 'It can't be.' Why would you say that?" Galaxy asked. "You'd never believe it." She said.

"The Doctor has opened my mind to believe...many things."

"It was forty years ago, in the heat of Delhi, late one night. I was alone, and that's when I saw it. A dazzling light in the sky. The next day, he came to the house. Christopher, the most handsome man I'd ever seen. Our love blazed like a wildfire. I held nothing back. And in return he showed me the incredible truth about himself. He'd made himself human, to learn about us. This was his true shape. I loved him so much, it didn't matter. But he was stolen from me. 1885, the year of the great monsoon. The river Jumna rose up and broke its banks. He was Taken At The Flood. But Christopher left me a parting gift. A jewel like no other. I wore it always. Part of me never forgot. I kept it close, always."

"Just like a man. Flashes his family jewels and you end up with a bun in the oven." Robina shook her head. "A poor little child.' Forty years ago, Miss Chandrakala took that newborn babe to the orphanage. But Professor Peach worked it out. He found the birth certificate."

"Oh, that's 'maiden', maiden name!" Donna exclaimed.

"Precisely."

"So she killed him."

"I did not!" Lady Eddison insisted. "Miss Chandrakala feared that the Professor had unearthed your secret. She was coming to warn you." Agatha said.

"So she killed her." Donna stated.

"I did not! Lady Eddison repeated.

"Lady Eddison is innocent. Because at this point...Doctor?"

"Thank you. Because at this point when we consider the lies and secrets and the key to these events, then we have to consider...it was you, Donna Noble." He pointed to her.

"What? Who did I kill?"

"No, but you said it all along, the vital clue, that this whole thing is being acted out like a murder mystery. Which means...it was you, Agatha Christie."

"I beg your pardon, sir?" Agatha glared at him while Galaxy sighed at his dramatics. He just couldn't help himself.

"So she killed them?" Donna asked.

"No, but she wrote. She wrote those brilliant, clever books. And who's her greatest admirer? The moving finger points...at you, Lady Eddison." He said.

"Leave me alone!" She exclaimed.