The Waters of Mars Pt2:

"Captain, that sound we heard from the Bio-dome. I've run it through diagnostics. According to the computer, it's...it's Andy. It registers as the voice print of Andy Stone." Steffi's voice said through the comm.

"Understood. Double-check thanks." Adelaide called. "Air-pressure stabilised." Tarak called from a keypad and a door opened to the bio-dome. Adelaid stepped out first, followed by the Doctor and Galaxy and finally Tarak.

The two crew members flashed their torches around the room as Galaxy went over to a computer to try and get more light in the place.

"Andrew? Andrew Stone? It's Captain Brooke. Andy, report. I need to see you. Where are you?" Adelaide called. Galaxy pulled out two wires, working on getting the lights on when the Doctor walked over and used his sonic to get them on.

"Spoilsport." Galaxy said as she stood up. "You've got one too, remember?" He said, wagging his sonic in front of her. "But you know how much I like getting my hands dirty." She remarked.

"What's that device?" Adelaide asked, eyeing them. "Screwdriver." He said, holding it up. "Are you the Doctor or the Janitor?" She asked. "I don't know, sounds like me." He said, putting the sonic away with a smile.

"The maintenance man of the Universe." Galaxy joked. "You two stay with me. Don't step out of my sight. Tarak, go to External Door South. Make sure it's intact." Adelaide ordered and Tarak nodded. "Yes, ma'am." He said before walking off.

"Quite an achievement." The Doctor said as he looked at all the vegetation, "First flower on Mars in ten thousand years. And you're growing veg!" He exclaimed. "It's that lot. They're already planning Christmas dinner. Last year it was dehydrated protein, this year they want the real thing."

"Still, fair enough. Christmas." Galaxy shrugged. "If you must." Adelaide said, smiling a bit. They then looked up when they heard the sound of birds. "You've got birds." Galaxy said with a smile. "Part of the project. Keep the insect population down."

"Good sign." The Doctor agreed.

"In what way?"

"Well, they're still alive."

"Captain, good news." Yuri's voice came from the comm, "It's Maggie. She's awake. She's back with us." There was a rustle and then he spoke to Maggie, "Hey, how are you soldier? Just take it easy. Can you remember what happened?"

"I was just...working. Then I woke...woke up here." Maggie replied.

"What about Andy? We can't find him. Is he alright?" Adelaide asked.

"I don't know. I just..."

"If you remember anything, let me know straight away."

"Yuri, does she know how she ended up in the tunnel?" Ed asked, coming online.

"And keep the comms clear. Everything goes through me, got that?" Adelaide said and seeing she was in no mood to carry on talking, the Time Lords walked around until...

"This is sick bay. We have a situation!" Yuri's distressed call came through the comm, "Maggie's condition has...I don't know! I don't know what it is! It's...it's just water, just...pouring out!"

"Yuri, calm down. Just tell me what's happened to her." Adelaide said.

"The skin is...sort of broken around the mouth. And she's exuding water, like she's drowning!"

"Tarak, this area's unsafe, we're going back." Adelaide called over the comm, "Tarak! Tarak!" She shouted when she got no response. "Where was he?" The Doctor asked.

Adelaide ran off back through the south door of the bio-dome and Galaxy and the Doctor followed her. They ran past another row of plants and Adelaide suddenly stopped when she saw Andy standing over a kneeling Tarak, his hand on Tarak's head, pouring water over him.