Chapter 18

*2 and a half months later*
"alright grade 11's, that's your scope for the test, I'm not saying ignore the other chapters but the main focus of the assessment will be on the said topics, go and prepare, accounting can be very tricky if you come unprepared, you may leave" my feet are Killing me, I'm supposed to be on my mertanity leave yet I refused to take leave, I'm on my last trimester and due for Labour anytime now, my feet are swollen and my baby bump is slightly visible.

It's been an amazing 2 months, Clayview high has truly been what I needed in my life, being here made me rediscover my passion and love for teaching, I enjoy doing what I do.

The principal, Ms Patel said that I could leave at anytime considering that I was obviously supposed to be on leave so after giving the grade 11's the scope for the upcoming test I then back my bag and I'm ready to head home.

I first walk down to the staff room to fetch my lunchbox considering that I'm leaving before lunch. "Ms Gumede..." I look back and chuckle, it's Sindi, one of the teachers here, she's been so helpful, she's actually the one who showed me around and made it so simple for me to settle in, "ngiyahamba mina" she laughs "I told you to stay at home and take care of my baby, you'll pop at any minute and none of us are qualified nurses here"

We laugh, she walks me to my car with some small talk, "my sister is hosting a family get together, it's in Soweto, if you aren't busy tomorrow you can pull through, just to be around people for sometime" I smile, actually I could do with some new company "sure, you'll send me the location" she smiles then gives me a hug before we say our goodbyes then I drive off to my house, it feels great saying that.

Sindi and I might be getting along but she doesn't know about my divorce or basically anything about my life, she just knows that I moved to midrand because of the new job. I get to my complex and greet the security guys at the main entrance. I live right next door an elderly white couple, they are very welcoming people and they check on me now and again especially since I'm highly pregnant now. Mr and Mrs Adams are a true blessing.

Oh, a little update, the divorce has been filed, the papers are signed, we just need to set a date so we can inform his parents about the seperation, and maybe when I've given birth I'll be able to contact my family, at this point I just don't want anything to go wrong with this pregnancy. I asked my doctor not to disclose the gender yet, I've decorated the baby's nursery in white and Grey, and I've bought so many white, Grey and yellow unisex clothing items for my little human.

It's Friday today and honestly Fridays have become takeaway day for Me, today I feel like having some Chinese food, so I order chow mein(fried noodles), fried sushi and Asian fries, I place my order then head upstairs for a quick change, I change into tights and a meternity baggy t-shirt. I tie my hair up and wear my slippers. I look cute so I snap a few mirror snaps before I go downstairs with my throw to watch a few reality shows or maybe movies.

These pictures really look cute, I haven't announced my pregnancy to anyone so why not post these on my socials, or maybe just on my whatsapp story, I post 1 captioned "love of my life" while I'm busy paging through my phone the house phone rings and I guess my order is finally here.

I dig in as soon as I get the food, it smells soo delicious. Muzi constantly checks up on me and I appreciate that, he doesn't come over he only sends whatsapp texts or just messages to check how the baby and I are doing. On the divorce terms he agreed to send me money to maintain the child, which I didn't ask for but then again I'm grateful. After enjoying my meal I go onto whatsapp and I have a few messages congratulating me.

But one that catches my eye is from Thembi "congratulations sis, I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there to experience this with you, mum is also happy for you, she said I should pass the message, she is praying for you and the little bundle of joy" I couldn't hold it in, I'm in tears now, I truly miss my family, it's not simple leaving alone as if I have no one, it hurts not having anyone to share my pregnancy moments with. I cannot share my baby's kicks with anyone, I cannot blabb about my weird cravings to anyone. But then again maybe this is all part of God's plan.

"girl don't forget, here's the location" a message from Sindi, I really don't feel like driving for about an hour in this big belly trying to dress up and look decent for strangers. Anyway maybe I'll decide in the morning.

I decide to do some laundry, the nice part about the apartment is that there's a washing line area on the outside balcony, so I don't need to go and hang my laundry anywhere else. After doing my laundry which was like doing an extreme sport I go upstairs with my laptop to moderate a grade 9 EMS paper, nothing as exhausting as that, I basically need to take the test like a grade 9 and consider if it's the right level of difficulty for them. I spent the whole late afternoon doing that thereafter I watched a few soapies before I call it a night.

*Saturday morning*
It's August so the mornings are cold and windy, I should probably just make my breakfast then stay in bed until it gets a bit warmer. I go downstairs then make some eggs, toast, avo and a sprinkle of chilli, then a cup of rooibos tea with milk. I get back into my sheets and enjoy my meal, switch on my laptop and look for something to watch, I'm not about to sit in that cold sitting room.

Before I know it it's almost 12, I should probably start getting ready for Sindi's family thing. I take a shower, get dressed in a white short free flowing t-shirt dress and gold sandles, straightened my hair and packed my bag. After getting ready I made a bowl of cornflakes and sent Sindi a text that I am on my way. I look so cute with my baby bump.