Chapter 46

The restaurant is beautifully decorated with rose petals from the entrance right up to one table that's set on the center of the whole restaurant. I'm shocked to notice that indeed he booked the whole place for us, now I understand his frustrations from earlier on when I was getting ready.

He's standing next to me while I'm admiring this amazing set up. He clears his throat, I look at him and he has a bouquet of sunflowers "for you, my lady" that's it I'm going to cry. One thing about this man, he pays attention to everything that I like and makes sure to get it for me. He got me my favourite flowers. "Nathi..." my voice breaks and he notices "you don't like the setting?" he asks looking concerned. "no, I love it, thank you" he smiles then takes my hand and leads the way to the table set for us.

He opens the chair for me then I take a seat, the waiter we met at the door walks towards us with an ice bucket that has a bottle of champagne inside. Nathi pours for the both of us and I'm still sitting here admiring this whole place.

"how did you pull this off?" I ask, "I made a booking this morning before I came down to the kitchen" i just smile "ngiyabonga Mntungwa" he has a very proud smile on his face. "MaGumede... There's something I'd like to ask you before we eat" it seems serious, he looks nervous. "yes?". He stands from his chair and walks over to stand in front of me.

"I wanna start by first thanking you, for raising our daughter, for holding the fort while I couldn't do my part as a father, I wanna thank you for always sticking by my side even on times when I've left you, I wanna thank you for loving me regardless of all the hurdles in our way, thank you for allowing me back into your heart, thank you for always acknowledging my position as a man in your life, MaGumede, please make me the happiest man in the world and marry me"

Did he just drop a bomb on me? I don't even know what to say, "Nathi..." he looks at me expectantly, his phone rings but he hangs up before he can even check who's calling, a moment later my phone rings. Now I have a 2 year old daughter, I can't be ignoring calls.

"I need to take this" I say then answer, it's from an unknown number. "tell Nathi that his son just got admitted while he's busy breathing heavy on top of you" then she hung up. It's his wife, and just then it clicked again, I'll always have to settle for second best as usual. "it's Amahle, Sbusiso is admitted" he sighs, takes out his phone then walks to the other side of the restaurant, he walks back to me "Asambe..." then walks off leaving me behind. I just take my things and follow after him like a lost puppy.

He doesn't even open the door for me. We drive off and we are driving the opposite direction to my house. "aren't you dropping me off first?" I ask, he looks at me briefly then back on the road. "no, you're coming with me, you'll be my wife soon they need to get used to you being around" I sigh, "I didn't agree to being your wife Nathi" his jaw clenches, "MaGumede not now please".

*Nathi's POV*
Amahle just had to ruin a moment I've waited for all my life since I first laid eyes on Ayanda. It appears that Sbusiso has been sick for over a week and she only decides to take him to the hospital today!

We get to the hospital after also trying so hard to convince Ayanda to come inside with me, we walk towards the pediatric ward waiting area. We are met by Amahle and her sister Zitha. We greet and I notice them giving Ayanda a nasty eye.

"how long has he been in there?" I ask, Amahle stands to come and sit next to me intentionally trying to get on Ayanda's nerves. She throws herself on my chest and starts crying. "I thought you wouldn't come" she says dramatically, I hush her then after a few minutes she's a bit calm.

We sit for about an hour. Ayanda went to get us all some coffee, she's such a kind person. A nurse comes "Sbusiso Mabaso" he calls, we stand, "he is in a very compromising state, after running a few tests we found that he has severe chronical anaemia and the only possible way to assist him is through blood transfusion, you have the option to find a donor amongst yourselves or wait in line on the hospital's list while we find a donor for you. Should you want to get tested as a donor then you can go to floor 3 of the pediatric ward with these forms, results take 30 minutes to process"

As if my life can get any worse. I decide to excuse myself to inform my family about this hopefully my brother can come through to offer me some sort of support.

*Muzi's POV*
I was shocked to receive a call from Nathi but moreover I'm worried about his son, Bongwa is in the kitchen preparing supper. I walk up to her. "snuckums, I might need to drive down to joburg, my brother's son got admitted today" she sighs "are you sure you're just going to support your brother?"

She's been very insecure lately, I don't really blame her, I've been a mess, I've been dreaming about Ayanda a lot to a point whereby at times I even call our her name while having sex with Bongwa, it happened twice and she since felt like I'm still in love with Ayanda. Thing is, with Bongwa it's different, she doesn't care, when she's upset, I have to figure life out on my own in terms of what I'll eat or wear, it was different with Ayanda, she treated me like her husband even when we had our differences, I feel bad for never giving myself a chance to genuinely love her, she held me down at my lowest when my business was struggling, the least I could've done was to love her...