Chapter 35

After our bath we spent sometime in the balcony with him singing for me, he's the worst singer but I honestly enjoyed every moment of it. We played a bit and he also convinced me to dance for him, which I surprisingly agreed to.

"I'm feeling cold now" we're standing on the balcony with him behind me and his arms wrapped around my waist. "do you wanna go to bed?" he asks while planting kisses on my neck and his hands traveling around my body. I nodd, a bit out of breath from all that he is currently doing to me.

How can one person make me feel so weak to my knees everyday he touches me? This doesn't make sense to me. "your wish is my command" he takes my hand and leads me into the bedroom, by this time most of the alcohol had left my system.

He closes the door then opens the sheets for us. I take off my gown and get into bed while he switches off the scented candles. He gets into bed behind me and snakes his hand around me but stops, "is everything okay?" I ask, "what are you wearing?" he asks, is this man testing me or something "pj's? You know what people wear when they go to bed?" he sits up then switches on the side Lamb. I turn to look at him and he is sulking with his mouth folded. I smile.

"mtungwa..." he shakes his head no then looks away, "if you wanna share the bed with me then you do things by my rules, no clothes in bed, this isn't a boxing ring" I couldn't help it I burst out in laughter, so he's really sulking because of what I'm wearing?, "If you want me to take these off then you'll have to do it yourself because I'm really sleepy" his face immediately lit up. He got between my legs and pulled down my pj shorts with the biggest grin on his face, then he took of my top. He then started massaging my boobs while kissing my neck, this man knows exactly where to touch.

You know what happened next. Let's just say I only got a chance to sleep around 4a.m in the morning, I'm exhausting from being tossed around like a sausage in a frying pan but this man did me goooood.

*the next morning*
I'm woken up by the irritating sound of a ringing phone, I realise that it's Nathi's phone. "Nathi, vuka phela" he's fast asleep I keep shaking him "hmmm? Yini kant mama?" he asks while turning to me, by this time is phone has stopped.

He wraps his arms around me, "you missed me already?" he flashes me a mischievous smile but honestly I'm not in the mood, "your phone, it has been ringing nonstop" he sits up. I grab my phone and it's already past 11 but we've been out since.

I have no messages or missed calls from the babysitter so I'm relieved. He goes out to the balcony to speak to his phone.

He's shouting, I don't know if I should go out to find out what's wrong or spare myself the heartache. After 5 minutes which felt like forever, he comes back in looking very upset, what do I do? I mean I'm practically his side thing so I can't be putting my nose into his business.

"everything okay?" I ask getting off the bed to go and sit next to him. He's sitting on the couch with his arms on his knees and his hands covering his face. He sighs, I sit next to him with my hands wrapped around him and my head on his shoulder.

"Mntungwa..." he sighs again, "I should've kept this phone switched off" he says, then reality hits, it's his wedding day today so obviously that's why his phone was ringing nonstop.

"maybe you should go back" I say, "No!" he responds so sternly then removes my hands so he can engulf me in a warm hug, "angihambi maGumede, I am where I'm supposed to be, where my heart belongs" he says.

At this point I'm in tears because I know eventually we'll have to break away from this little bubble him flying back to KZN and me staying here to raise my baby all on my own.

"Hamba ke uyogeza, I'll order breakfast for us" he says, I pull away from the hug then walk towards the bathroom, "Aya..." he calls as I reach the bathroom door. "Ngiyakthanda uyezwa?" I smile and nodd, he sounds so sincere but I know all of this will end as soon as I walk out of this hotel room.

I head to the shower leaving him to do whatever he is doing.

*Nathi's POV*
I hear soft sobbs coming from the bathroom, it breaks my heart that yet again I have to listen to the only woman that makes me sane, crying the way that she is because of my actions, I admit I was a coward for deciding to marry Amahle, I just didn't want to cause any family conflict, I mean it's only normal in Zulu culture to marry your brother's wife if your brother is no more, Muzi is alive and by the look of things he still cares about her, they share a bond, one that not even I could break.

I don't know if I should go in there and comfort her or really just let her be, this is all my fault after all. I've switched off my phone and I'll face reality after all of this, for now I just want to spend time alone with the only woman that matters before my daughter.

She comes back out wearing a robe, her eyes are red and puffy, she goes back and tucks herself in bed, I decide to join her. "maGumede..." she sniffs meaning she's crying, "Ngiyaxolisa sthandwa sam, I swear if there's a way I could turn this all around, trust me I would, I certainly would, you mean so much of me and it hurts me to see you in this state" she sniffs again "then fix this..." she says, I keep quiet because I'm really confused by what she means.

She sits up, "yes Nathi, fix this whole mess that you've put us in" she's shouting a bit.

*ayanda's POV*
I'm so tired of hearing this man telling me the same thing over and over again, he might just have to try and be much more intentional about it.

"kulungile ke, ngivumele ngikushade" is this man crazy? Why do I always attract the crazy ones? "are you hearing yourself Nathi?" he's not even shaken a bit after saying that, clearly he means it.

"yes, Marry me Ayanda, let me show you that I really mean all that I've been saying, be my wife" now we're both sitting up, this man must really be losing it right now.

"incase you forgot Nathi, you're a married man according to the Home affairs so how do you plan on doing this?" I really want to understand this dumb idea of his.

"I'm a Zulu man maGumede..." oh no, someone better wake me up from this dream because I know this man didn't just ask me to be his second wife? So according to him, I'm good enough to be second best?

"Nathi ngicela uhambe..." at this point I have a lot of mixed emotions piling up inside of me. He looks at me confused "Sthandwa sam kwenzenjan manje?" he asks, "ngithi Hamba Nathi, take your things and go back to your precious first wife and leave me alone, I'm such a second hand reject that you think I'm good enough to play second wife?, please leave before I make this whole building shake!"

Thereafter I grab my phone and head to the bathroom, lock myself up while he bangs on the door until eventually he stops, I spent an hour in there until I heard that the shuffling had stopped I went out and my heart broke when I noticed that he actually took his things and left...