Chapter 43

It's been a month since the cleansing, Nathi has been spending time with wami and I very frequently and I must say we are both enjoying his company, it's friday today and I'm at work wrapping up before I can head home, it's been a very busy week but it feels great being back and my learners wrote letters to me which I was in tears while reading. I'm truly blessed to be doing what I love.

My princess and I are going to the zoo tomorrow so I'm crossing fingers that the weather permits, Nathi is with his wife, she gave birth a week ago and we since haven't spoken, I don't want to interfere any further, she made it quite clear that she doesn't like me or want me anywhere near her family. From what I heard, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

I tidy up my desk and drive off, I'll first pick up wami from after care, she's in Kindergarten now, she loves it there and I also like that she now gets to play with other kids and get used to a learning environment.

The drive from the school to fetching wami is close, I found a kindergarten closer to my workplace to make it easy for me to get there should anything happen and also it gives a sense of security knowing she's just a few minutes away.

After fetching my grumpy drama queen I decide to go to the McDonald's drive through, I order a chicken big Mac for myself and nugget meal for my baby. She giggles when I hand It to her. We drive home and I'm surprised to find Nathi parked in my driveway.

I park and step out. He steps out of his car as well, I unbuckle the princess and he walks towards us, Wami already has her arms up waiting for Nathi to take her, "well this is a surprise" I smile, he smiles very faintly "maGumede, ukahle?" he asks, I nod, he seems troubled by something. We walk in "we bought McDonald's on our way home, didn't know you'd be joining us, so would you like me to make you something to eat? There's leftovers" he nods then walks off to the sitting room with Wami.

I heat up the leftovers, we had mash and sausages, I plate it up for him, put it on a tray, place a warm damp dish cloth with and as I walk into the sitting room he stands with sleeping wami in his arms, he walks upstairs, I put the tray on the coffee table then walk to the kitchen to pour him a drink, I have iced tea in the fridge because it has become my Wami's favourite. I pour that for him and walking back I find him sitting on the couch, he isn't eating though.

"Hawu, why aren't you eating?" he looks up at me "i thought... Kuyashoda lokudla, uphuthu?" he then looks away taking a sip of his drink. You know what I'm so done with Zulu men at this point, who eats Masg, sausages and uphuthu? No way Nathi forgets that I'm not married to him.

I just sit down with my arms crossed, and yes! I'm sulking because this man doesn't appreciate my efforts shame. He looks at me briefly before picking up the plate then he starts eating,all this while I'm just sitting there sulking.

He finishes his food then places the plate back on the tray, "ngiyabonga mamakhe" I know he's trying to soften me up and honestly I won't fall for it, I'm upset.

"Ma has been admitted, she got very ill after we went over to visit Amahle and Sbusiso" whom I assume is their new born child. I nod waiting for him to continue "Now MaSithole has summoned to see Amahle and myself but Amahle refused saying she doesn't believe in izangoma, I'm really defeated at this point" he sighs and buries his face between both his hands.

I stand and walk over to sit next to him, well I'm done sulking only because he needs me right now. I pull him into a hug and we remain like that for a sometime before he pulls away. "everything is falling apart MaGumede, angsazi ngenze njani, even my own brother isn't willing to help me in anyway" they've never really gotten along well after the whole pregnancy situation so I don't blame him.

"I'm here for you Mntungwa, you know all you need to do is shout and I'll be here to hold your hand" he just looks at me without saying a word.
"Ngiyakthanda MaGumede... Kakhulu futhi" he says that then does the usual, plants a kiss on my forehead before he leaves, leaving me puzzled and completely confused by what he just said, this is someone's husband afterall.

I just decide to wash the dishes he was using then took out lamb chops, I'll just enjoy it with salad, Wami will have the leftover mash and sausages. I grill the chops and decide to do some laundry. My phone rings, it's my mum, I must say my relationship with her has improved so much, I'm so happy with how close we are again. "mntanam..." I answer mimicking her, she laughs "ngizokshaya wena, ngicela ulethe umzukulu wam tuu, there's a women's services this Sunday and I want the other ladies to see that I also have umzukulu omuhle nam" I laugh, old people and their grown up drama.

"let me finish doing the laundry, we had plans for tomorrow but ke ngizomletha before you bite my head off" we talk for a few more minutes before we hang up. I guess I've got zero plans for my weekend.

I pack for the princess, then by 5 oclock we are driving to soweto. I get home and only mum is around so lucky me I won't have to stay for long.

I drop her off then drive home, on my way home I drive to the mall first to get a few things, Sandton, the stores are open until late so I decide to buy myself a few clothing items. First stop is Levi's, I buy 2 skinny Jeans, then Woolworths for some grocery items, last stop was Steve Madden to get shoes to match the jeans I bought.

I drive back home listening to Lira, it's been a while ey. He's here again, parked in my drive way. I walk out, he walks towards me to help me with the bags. We walk in and I take the clothing bags upstairs while he puts the grocery bags on the kitchen counter. I take of the shoes I had on and wear slippers.

Downstairs he's sitting in front of a switched off TV, I'm just going to let him be, let me unpack my groceries and dish up what I made earlier. It's just lamb chops and Greek salad. He hates Greek salad but he didn't tell me he was coming. I had him his plate then sit next to him with my bowl of Food. I say grace then dig in.

He's just starring at me blankly, "what?" he just looks away, "if you don't like the food then you can order something for yourself" it's as if he was waiting for me to say that, he takes out his phone and I just decide to switch on the TV. His food arrives in a few minutes and it's chicken licken, he puts the food on the table then goes to the kitchen to fetch a plate and a glass, he plates up and I notice it's hot wings, chips and chicken with those burger sliders that they sell.

He pours his juice, berry flavour into the glass then sits back to eat, the food smells so amazing! I look at him and he intentionally ignores me. I try to take a piece but he removes my hand "wenzani maGumede? Angithi wena Udla lezihlahla zakho?" I just sulk and look away.