Chapter 30

After making myself a cup of tea, Thando walks in to fetch something from the fridge, "well aren't you looking cute in your man's clothes" she's drunk. I just chuckle and let her be "no honestly though, you guys should be married by now, I mean we can all see the attraction between the two of you" she continues. "Goodnight Tee" I put my cup in the sink and walk off leaving her there, maybe because I Refuse to admit to the fact that she's actually right, I kind of am attacked to Nathi but the situation is really complicated.

I walk back upstairs and open the blankets and take off these tight shorts that I had on. I switch off the lights and slowly doze off into lala land inside these comfy blankets.

I'm disturbed from my sleep when I feel my breast being cupped, these hands are cold, I shift a bit but he moves closer, "it's me Aya..." Nathi reassures me after noticing that I was stuttled a bit. He moves closer, I can feel his breath at the back of my neck. He continues massaging my breast "tell me when you want me to stop" and for some reason those words awakened a lot of things. He moves his one hand down my body, only then does it register that I actually have no underwear on, he turns me around to face the ceiling since my back was turned against him.

He gets between my thighs and the rest is history...

*the next morning*
I Wake up alone in bed, even though the curtains are still closed the sun is creeping in a bit so I know it's late. I reach for my phone to check what time it is and it's 10a.m. I get up and open the curtains, make the bed and find my suitcase on the bedroom couch. Great, I take a shower, freshen up and wear and off-shoulder bodycon nude casual dress and nude flat sandals. I wear a doek.

I walk downstairs to find everyone sitting around the dinning table, "morning sleepyhead" thando greets, I smile back at her, "morning everyone" everyone responds "Waze wamuhle ekseni" Akhona says, "thank you sisi" but there's a lady sitting here, she's seated next to Nathi so I take a seat on the far end of the table and dish up for myself.

Nathi clears his throat, "Uhm Ayanda, this is Amahle, my girlfriend, Mahle this is Ayanda... " I smile at her but deep down I'm hurt, I thought after last night there'd actually be something to work on between Nathi and I but clearly not. And I thought I saw him with a different girl at Thando's party? Maybe I'm overthinking this whole thing.

" nice to meet you Aya" I smile "likewise sisi" then continue eating my food "you know munchkin I wonder why you never introduce me as your fiance, I mean I have the ring already, and lobola is so overrated" she says, flashing her diamond ring for all of us to see.

I honestly can't take this, "guys please excuse me, my flight leaves at 12 and I have a few things to organise before Leaving, Thando I'll call you?" she sees that this whole situation got to me. She nodds and I head upstairs to fetch my luggage.

After making sure I've packed everything, I sit on the bed and book my flight, luckily there's indeed one leaving at 12. Nathi walks in as I finalize everything. He closes the door and stands leaning against it. I just continue with what I'm doing.

"listen Aya, I'm.." before he could even finish his statement I cut him off, "please, don't apologize" I really don't wanna hear any of it. "did we use protection?" he keeps quiet, Great! Just great, I slept with this guy without protection and to make matters worse he is engaged.

I'll get a morning after pill at the airport but I'm leaving this place asap, and to be honest, I miss my baby. I grab my handbag and my luggage. "can I at least drive you to the airport?" Nathi is really pushing my buttons "nathi I'd like to pass please..." I say, he move aside and let's me walk out.

I've already requested my Uber so I say my goodbyes to everyone then head out. The drive to the airport was short. I went to check at clicks and they're out of morning after pills so it means I'll have to get it as soon as I land in joburg.

*a few hours later *

Finally landed in joburg, I'm in an Uber to my place so that I can freshen up, change then take my car to go and fetch my princess. I get home,take a quick shower and change into a free flowing knee length dress and slippers.

I drive off to soweto, I'm hoping my sisters aren't home, I'm really in no mood to speak to anyone. "mama..." I walk into the kitchen to find my mum cooking and what's worse is that she has Ntokozo on her back, something I've never thought of doing because my baby is a bit heavy so I don't see myself carrying her like that.

"Aya, ubuyile, your child was a bit restless last night" she says undoing the towel she is carrying her with and handing her to me. "Hawu mama, and you didn't even call me?" my baby was about to doze off but is wide awake now touching my face, I guess it's because she hasn't seen me in sometime now.

"Angithi you were enjoying yourself, I hope you didn't do anything that made the baby restless" my mother says, while side eyeing me. Now older women believe that you're not supposed to have sex until the child is at least 1 year because that affects the child's growth in a way. So obviously my mum suspects that I was having sex in durban, I mean she's right but I wouldn't want her knowing that.

Oh shoot, the pill! "yini? You forgot something?" she asks when she notices that my eyes are wide open now, my mouth too. "ma, I have something very urgent to attend to so ntoko and I will have to leave right away, I'm sorry, I'll come see you guys over the weekend, I love you" she is surprised by this but helps me pack everything into the car while I buckle ntokozo in her car seat.

It's 16h45 on a Sunday, I sure hope I'll find an open pharmacy. We drove to the nearest mall, being Maponya mall only to get to dischem and find doors closed because it's almost knock off time for the staff. I'm so defeated right now honestly, I'll have to call in sick tomorrow at work and make sure I get that pill before it's too late. I don't even think I'll sleep tonight.