Chapter 34

It's been a hectic week, well I didn't get to do anything much, just kept myself buried in work and I'm just so sad that today is Friday and I have 2 days of doing absolutely nothing and I hate that so much because that's when my thoughts begin to haunt me because I pay so much attention to everything that I've been avoiding.

My baby has been spending more time with our house help, so grateful that I could finally get someone to permanently move in with us.

The wedding seem to have went quite well judging from pics and videos I saw from people's status updates. I'm slowly coming to terms with this and I also think that maybe it's time I give love a chance again, maybe try doing things differently this time, I'm truly open to anything.

I have no plans for the weekend, to make matters worse, it's Nathi's traditional wedding and I know for a fact I'll spend this weekend sulking. I decide to drive to the mall on my way home. I get to mall of Africa and straight to woolies, they serve the best wine. I buy 3 bottles of red wine, sweet rose, I'm ready to drown myself honestly it's been a hectic couple of days.

I get my baby her favourite snacks then some for the helper as well. On my way home I ordered some pizza on my phone knowing that by the time I get home the food will be delivered already.

When I finally get home it's around 6h40 and my baby is fast asleep, she'll be up around 9,the helper goes out to her cottage and I'm left in the big house all on my own with absolutely nothing to do. I grab my wine, pizza and cellphone, I sit on my couch with my small throw blanket and switch off the lights, I watch my all time favourite movie, Me Before you.

While enjoying my unplanned me time, my phone rings, I'm on my second bottle of wine now and honestly I can feel the tipsiness in my body. I pick up the phone, "Ayanda Hello"....

*Nathi's POV*
I'm out with the guys here in KZN for a mini bachelor party for myself, I'm sloshed and all I could think about right now is being next to Aya, I cannot help it, I'm so drawn to that woman, she's everything I want and so much more.

I decide to excuse myself from the gents so that I can give her a call. She sounds so professional, she probably deleted my number because I doubt she would've picked up knowing that I'm the one calling. "MaGumede, sawubona..." she keeps quiet for sometime as soon as it registers that I'm the one on the other end. She sighs, "Nathi, Uthini?" okay that's harsh, but I mean, I kind of deserve that response from her after practically choosing someone else over her.

"ngiyakukhumbula..." I know you probably thinking that it's the alcohol speaking but I mean this, I miss her, "oh, ngempela? Phela ushadile manje wena" her statement peirces my heart, I guess she really saw a future with me. "Aya, given different circumstances, you know that you'd be the one I come home to" she sighs "then come, come to joburg and spend the weekend with me, we'll book a hotel" I mean I don't want to disappoint her any further, but then again my family is ready for the traditional wedding happening tomorrow.

Screw this, I'm already married to this woman whom I don't even feel deeply for, I might as well do this, I mean I only live once. "ngiyeza"...

*Aya's POV*
And just like that he hung up on me, does he honestly think I'll believe that he'd ditch his own wedding to come and spend the weekend with me? Men really think women are somehow desperate and willing to believe any fake lie that they choose to tell us.

It's 8 o'clock and I've had enough wine, I put everything away, the pizza in the microwave and wine in the fridge, as I'm about to switch off the lights there's a knock on the front door. I don't even know who it might be at this time.

I open and I cannot believe my eyes, this man actually listened to me and came, he certainly took a flight because there's no way he drove to joburg in about 2 hours, I look behind him and there's no car so yep, he took a flight.

"I had to pull a few strings to get a flight ticket on last minute, pack a bag sihambe" he says then kisses my cheek. I'm still in complete shock.

I go upstairs to pack an overnight bag, I call my help to let her know that I'll be away for the weekend, now as much as I feel bad for leaving my baby for the whole weekend, I need this.

We walk to my car holding hands, he opens the passenger door for me and then walks over to the driver's seat. We drive off, he switches on my radio and Anthony Hamilton "pray for me" comes on. He briefly looks at me then shakes his head in disbelieve. This man must understand that he actually broke my heart.

We drive to midrand, I don't know why we didn't just go to a hotel in Sandton, we drive into Protea hotel, I've heard of this place but I've never gotten a chance to come here, because baby girl has been single forever!

"have you eaten?" he asks as we look for parking. I nodd, "maGumede ngicela uma ukhuluma Nami ungiphendule ngomlomo" I chuckle a bit, I kind of love dominant men "Yebo mbulazi" and instantly his smile grows wider, one thing I've learned is that, a way to a Zulu man's heart is through knowing his clan names.

We find parking then he walks out and quickly jogs to my side to help me out. We walk in hand in hand like the couple we wish to be. It appears that he had already made reservations for us because we are led to our room. I'm so not properly dressed for this hotel. I'm wearing black sweat pants, a purple nike sweater and Gucci fur slides. While Mr over here is looking clean in an ankle grazer torn Jean, a blue hoodie and black airforce sneakers, he smells great too, or maybe it's because I've missed him so much.

We walk in and I'm left in awe, he actually had the room arranged for us, rose petals scattered on the floor, scented candles lit up in the whole room, the bed has an ice bucket with champagne and 2 classes next to it, there's heart shaped rose petals on the bed and the door leading to the balcony is open letting in the beautiful night breeze, it's a bit chilly but the view is breathtaking.

"mtungwa..." he walks to stand in front of me looking a bit uneasy, "do you like it? If you don't we can ask to be moved to another room?" I smile and give him a hug "I love it mbulaz, thank you so much" he smiles, seemingly proud of himself.

"let's take a shower, you smell like a brewery" he says walking off to the bathroom, I guess he hates the fact that I've been drinking. I take off my clothes then grab a towel before following him to the bathroom, he's already naked and running a bath with more rose petals and scented candles around. "you really went all out didn't you" he smiles while walking over to me, he wraps his arms around my waist then plants a wet kiss on my lips, "I try my best"