Chapter 60: Kidnapped

A/N: The words in bold are spoken in Trigedasleng.

The same week Madi and Izzy were born.

By now, Azgeda and Roan and Echo Snow had also known the truth. As leaders of the Azgeda pack, they had sent spies to infiltrate TonDC and had found out almost all of the rumours to be true. More than that, Roan was now aware that Ontari was a pack member and that she was also mated to two omegas.

The spies had been sent two months ago, when Roan had gone to his usual meeting place to wait for Emerson but he never arrived. Roan stayed for three days and when Emerson didn't show up, he packed all the furs and the poppy and coca plants used to make red and took them back with him. He disposed of the plants since his pack didn't have use for them and gave the furs to his people, to keep warm from the freezing cold.

Of course, being in an alliance with Sangeda, both leaders spoke of what had transpired and Roan informed the Alpha of the Sangeda Pack, Wilfred Alastair, what his spies had told him.

"It's true Willie, the Trikru Pack is now the most powerful pack that exists. No pack, not even if we banned together could defeat them, not with the four Purebloods that Titus and Ava have adopted," Roan told Wilfred.

Sighing, the Sangeda Alpha, a middle aged man with black hair and black eyes, smirked at Roan and said, "You're right but there are many ways to skin a cat, my friend. We don't have to wage a war against them, all we have to do is hit them where it hurts the most; take away that which they love the most and they will be weak."

"And what is it that you want to take away from them?" Roan asked, creasing his brows together.

"The twins, Titus' youngest pups. You see Roan, even though they have adopted the Purebloods, the love Titus and Ava feel for them is not as strong as what they feel for their own flesh and blood. We simply take their boys and they will fall into place. They will do whatever they can to get them back, even if it means handing over one or all of the Purebloods," Wilfred said, a sinister smile on his face.

"You're wrong, my friend. Your plan won't work and here's why," Roan said, leaning over the table to look directly at Wilfred. "One, don't ever underestimate the love that a parent has for their child. You say that Ava and Titus would do anything to get their boys back and you're right but they would never give up another child for that. Two, you forget that a Pureblood is a powerful alpha that can control an entire pack with his or her voice. Three, if this is your idea, you can leave me out of it. I am not in the business of kidnapping defenseless children."

Leaning forward, almost nose to nose, Wilfred sneered, "No, Roan you aren't in the business of kidnapping children but you're in the business of getting ahold of your step sister so just you can kill her. I know she's a Pureblood, you told me yourself. Don't forget what three bottles of whiskey does to your brain; you sing like a little bird."

Roan only growled and mentally cursed himself. Willie had on occasion reminded Roan of the time when he was so drunk, he told the Sangeda Alpha everything that had happened, starting with his mother's untimely death to his last act of vengeance against his sire and step sister.

"Go to hell, Willie!" Roan growled and sat back on his chair.

"If you don't want to be a part of this then don't, but let me tell you something," Willie said, looking directly at Roan's light blue eyes. " Do not get in my way or else I will destroy you. I will do as I see fit."

"Do whatever you want, Willie but I will not help you and with regards to my step sister," Roan said, curling his upper lip in a snarl, "That is my business and my business alone. You will not interfere in my personal matters and I will not interfere in yours."