Chapter 48: Ultrasound and Love

After all the women have settled, Octavia's mind started to reel with all the things she will need to do and have for when her pup is born,

"Oh, there is a lot of work to do! I have to get a crib, we need some clothes. What colour? Blue or pink? Diapers! We need to get to some of that and baby blankets! Little sweaters and baby caps to keep warm -"

"Love, calm down. Breathe," Clarke says smoothly and her alpha nods but still, the list of things she needs increases in her mind.

"We'll get all of that, don't worry ai hodnes," Lexa says, gently taking O's hand in hers.

"But we need those things. In a matter of months, our pup will be born and if we don't have anything, what will we do? What will I do? I'm the alpha, I have to ensure that you both, that you three have everything you need; after all, it's my responsibility," O states, assertive of her role as caregiver not only to her omegas but to her unborn pup as well.

Clarke takes the rustled alpha's hands and says in a gentle tone, "Octavia, yes, you are our alpha and yes, I understand the need for alphas to be caregivers and all of those things you just said but, we have time. Lexa's not due until some months and in those months, we'll get those things one by one."

"Are you sure we have time?" the Pureblood asks, biting her bottom lip.

"Yes, and we have help. We have family and friends that I'm sure would be more than willing to help us and besides, didn't you tell me that your mom was a seamstress and she taught you to sew?" Clarke asks, already having formed an idea in her head to keep her alpha from stressing out.

"Yes, she taught me. Why?" Octavia asks and Clarke responds, "Because since you know, you can make our pup's caps and sweaters, even blankets and all those things that we'll need."

Nodding enthusiastically, Octavia agreed and felt more at ease now. "Thanks, babe, you always have bright ideas," O said, smiling at her omega. A little while later, Ava left stating that they will have to inform Titus about the news.

That night, after dinner with Mar and Abby, Clarke went to take a bath while Mar and O washed the dishes and the doctor took time to ask Lexa simple, medical questions. "How far along do you think you are?" was Abby's first question.

Thinking for a moment, Lexa responded, "About seven weeks, give or take." Nodding Abby stated, "That matches with the symptoms you present."

"Do you feel anything like pain or discomfort besides the upset stomach?" Abby asked and Lexa shook her head from side to side. "No. Just the occasional urge to throw up but it mostly happens when I smell certain things."

After a series of questions, Abby tells her, "All of your symptoms seem normal. I don't see the need to perform an ultrasound so early so I suggest that we do one in two weeks time."

Frowning and a little confused, Lexa asks, "What's an ultrasound?" Just then Clarke entered the living room and responded, "An ultrasound is an imaging test that we use to study the inside of the human body. It can show your liver, stomach, ovaries, womb and even the baby."

"Will this hurt me or the baby?" Lexa asked, an undertone of uncertainty evident in her voice.

"No, no, no. It won't. All I'll do is apply a cold gel on your abdominal area and place a transducer so that we can see the baby," Abby stated but then Clarke said, "Tomorrow when we go to the Ark, I can show you what an ultrasound is."

Later that night, as the three mates settled to sleep, they kissed each other good night but then their kisses got a little heated and O was the first to stop, even against Sky's possessive growl.