Chapter 42: Progress

A/N: World in bold are spoken in Trigedasleng.

For the next three days, O, Clarke, Bellamy, and Finn train for two to three hours. The omega's training is different from the Purebloods. While the Purebloods' training is about agility, speed and balance among other things, the omegas' training is about stamina, self defense and pheromone control. Omegas are easily subdued by an alpha's pheromones and so, Trikru omegas just like most pack omegas are trained to withstand an alpha's pheromones attack. Ontari's training is more advanced and because of this, her scheduled fight is set for the following week.

On their second day of training, O and Clarke were all sore. Every muscle in their bodies hurt. Eating was accompanied by moans and groans. Every time they had to lift their hands, there was a moan.

"Stop being so childish. It hurts but not so much," Lexa told her mates and received glares in return.

"It's easy for you Lex, you've been doing it since the day you were born but we haven't. We never did any exercise on the Ark since rations were limited, there wasn't a need for it," Clarke tells her and Lexa only slightly rolls her eyes at her omega.

"Okay, whatever you say, niron," Lexa comments, shaking her head from side to side in disapproval.

"I'm just saying that it was not required of us to exercise," Clarke says, trying to make her point. She looks at O for backup, but the alpha is so tired, she's practically falling asleep while eating.

"My Ani Indra drilled her today. When she was finished, she had to do the obstacle course and then run ten laps. On top of that my nontu began training her with weapons and when he spars, he tends to favour strength and stamina," Lexa tells Clarke and she nods.

On the third night, the alpha and the omega were so sore from training, that none of them spoke while having dinner. Lexa looked at them but by the looks on their faces, Lexa knew that talking wasn't necessary. That night, after checking that the doors and windows were properly locked, O went to take a bath and found Clarke almost asleep.

"I'm so tired babe," Clarke mumbled. She had managed to wash her hair and body but hadn't rinsed herself so O lovingly took the water and began rinsing Clarke's body. She woke up the omega so that Clarke could wash her private parts and then took a small stool Lexa had and sat her omega and began drying her off with doting hands. Once she was done, she helped Clarke put on her panties and a thin cotton shirt. She lifted her omega, even though her muscles protested in pain but ignoring the pain, she managed to gently set down her mate on the bed. Before Clarke's head hit the pillow, she was already asleep. O then went to the kitchen and found her mate washing the dishes so she helped her.

"Go bathe love, I'll do the rest. I know you must be tired as well," O told her omega and Lexa left for the bathroom. Since the future Luna isn't allowed to train with them and Titus is the one training her and Bell, Lexa has been taking over his duties along with Ava. It's not a difficult, physical job but still, it takes a mental toll on the Luna. Besides her Luna duties, she has to be present in meetings with the merchants and traders and listen to their concerns and help find a solution. She also goes and checks on Glenda. The older beta hasn't shown any improvement as Clarke had said but the steam baths and breathing exercises have helped a little.

When O finishes with the dishes and goes to the bedroom, Lexa is coming out of the bathroom so she quickly goes in and takes a bath. She washes her hair and body then cleans her private parts and gets out. As much as her muscles protest the pain she still manages to dry her hair as best she could. When she gets out, the room is in darkness since Lexa has already put out the candles and the only source of light is coming from the moon through the partially opened windows.