37. Husband!

Lacking any motivation to continue with his day, the prince chose to remain in his bed after drinking the cure his right-hand man had prepared in advance, which got rid of his headache. Jiang Cheng should have guessed he would be needing one once he woke up. Yibo was grateful that he did. Though a little muddled, he remembered the events of the previous night in bits and pieces. Closing his eyes, the prince tried his best not to think of anything that he dreamt of last night. But the truth was that dream was the only thing he thought about. Well, isn't that how it works. We always think about the things we don't want to, always want what we can't have which was just human nature. Desiring the things that can't be achieved and are forbidden.

And his peace was interrupted by a knock on his door following which his right-hand man entered the room as he informed

" Your highness, his majesty has summoned you to his study."
Informed Jiang Cheng.

" What is it now?"
Asked the prince. Not knowing what new trouble was on his way now.

" Maybe you should find it out by yourself."
Suggested the right-hand man. Though it wasn't a clear answer there was no threat or anxiety in Jiang Cheng's voice. Hence the prince concluded that the situation didn't get any worst than it already was. Taking a shower, the prince chose a white sweatshirt accompanied by black jeans. He didn't have any interest in getting dressed after all.

In his study, Lan Qiren who was busy studying some documents kept them away seeing the prince enter the room

In his study, Lan Qiren who was busy studying some documents kept them away seeing the prince enter the room. Even without a word needing to be spoken, the prince could already feel that his uncle was still angry with him. But more than the anger the look of disappointment in the eyes of his uncle was what the prince fretted about the most. His whole life, he feared this his only parent figure being disappointed with him. As the Yibo moved nearer the king spoke with a grim expression.

" Despite what reckless decisions you assume, you are still the child I care about the most. That's why I decided something for the sake of your safety. I just hope you don't have a problem with this too."
Saying the king gestured to Jiang Cheng who stood by the door to open it. And seeing the person who set his foot in the prince froze in his place.

 And seeing the person who set his foot in the prince froze in his place