-4 || wonwoo-

"Lift your head a little bit," Wonwoo instructed. He readjusted the camera. "Great. Now, move your hand a little bit to the left."

Junhui did as he was told, waited a few seconds for Wonwoo to take the pictures, then he stood up and took the camera from Wonwoo. "Are we really not going to talk about what happened?" he asked. 

"Yep."

"You really don't feel anything at all? You don't want to tell me how pissed you are about it?" 

"I feel like you have a habit of not hearing a single thing I say," Wonwoo responded. "It's not even that big of a deal. My eyes haven't changed yet, and I really don't think they're going to."

"You try to avoid everything you don't want to talk about even though you should talk about it anyway," Junhui said as he scrolled through the pictures. He showed Wonwoo one of them. "I really like this one."

"Maybe I avoid it because I don't want to talk about it. Ever think of that?" the dark-haired male said, trying not to get annoyed. 

Junhui passed the camera back to Wonwoo after telling him which ones he wanted. "Alright. At least answer me this. What are you going to do if your eyes do change?"

"I don't know." Wonwoo was choosing not to think about it. After today, this slim time of peace (aside from Junhui's annoying topic of conversation), it would be all he thought about because it would be all anyone ever spoke of. 

But that didn't worry him as much as it usually would. What really bothered him was that he actually liked the kiss. He really wanted nothing to do with Mingyu, and he had no reason to enjoy the younger male's sudden interest in him. Wonwoo didn't have a lot of explanation for the way he was feelings. It could be the fact that it was the first time he's ever been kissed. Or maybe it had something to do with the soulmate connection he could have with Mingyu. 

He didn't like that at all. 

Romantic relationships were not something he wanted. Ever. He was fine with his soulmate-less status. He liked his grey eyes, and he wanted nothing to do with love. 

Wonwoo tuned back into whatever Junhui was talking about. "Anyway, thank you for helping me with these," Junhui said. "I'll be sure to credit you for all of them."

"Sure," Wonwoo said. He sighed before adding, "You asked me what I would do if my eyes did change. What do you think I should do?"

Junhui squinted suspiciously at him. "Are you actually asking for advice?"

"You know what? Forget it. I'll figure it out myself."

"No," Junhui said quickly. "Sorry. But you know what I'll tell you, so my advice won't help much unless you actually act on it. But I've gotta meet up with Minghao. Could you give me a ride?"

Wonwoo did know what he'd say. Junhui would tell him to give the other a chance--in this case, the other being Mingyu. This wasn't the first time someone's confessed to Wonwoo. It was just the first time anyone has kissed him. 

"Yeah, just let me grab my camera stand," Wonwoo answered. He walked down next to the small lake where he'd left the object, but froze when he saw turquoise out of the corner of his eye. His head turned slowly to the bridge above him. Mingyu was walking along the bridge with who Wonwoo remembered to be Seungkwan. 

Wonwoo quickly grabbed the stand and walked back over to Junhui. "Where are we going?" he asked, careful to keep his back to the bridge. They climbed into Wonwoo's car, and Junhui said, "The small bakery a couple blocks from here."

Wonwoo pushed up his glasses and readjusted his rearview mirror. Mingyu was nowhere in sight. 

The small shop was only a few minutes away, maybe fifteen if they walked. Minghao was sitting at a table right next to the door. Usually the place was constantly busy, but today it was practically empty. 

Wonwoo noticed that Hansol was working the counter. He didn't know Hansol very well since the other male went to a different school, and well, Wonwoo doesn't really like a lot of people. Hansol was good at cakes, though. Wonwoo couldn't say he wasn't.

"What are we doing here?" Junhui asked as they sat down, him next to Minghao, Wonwoo across the from them. 

"I felt like eating cake, so here I am," Minghao said. In front of him sat a giant piece of cake. Him and Junhui shared it and talked while Wonwoo sat there awkwardly. Why he came in with Junhui, he didn't know. 

Their colored irises were suddenly on him as he was about to make some sort of excuse to leave. "I've seen the video," Minghao said. 

Wonwoo didn't like the mention of a video. "There's a video?"

"Yeah. Since earlier that's all I've heard anyone ever talk about," Minghao informed him. He pulled his phone from his pocket and set it in the middle of the table. He opened one of various social apps. The video was titled Wonwoo's Lucky.

Wonwoo's lucky? Were they kidding?

After taking the phone and searching, Wonwoo discovered that the video was trending on almost all social apps he could think of. It was probably trending on apps he didn't even know existed. 

"Your eyes haven't changed yet," Junhui said. "But it could be too early to tell."

"That's assuring," Wonwoo said, dryly, as he turned his focus to the window. He needed to get his thoughts in order. 

Mingyu was crossing the street towards them. 

"Do one of you want to dig my grave?" Wonwoo asked, putting his head down on the table, hoping that Mingyu hadn't seen him. 

"Wha- Ohh," Minghao said. "No, wait. This is the perfect opportunity to talk to him."

"You can't avoid him forever," Junhui pointed out. 

"It's been like"--Wonwoo looked at the time--"seven hours since. I think I can avoid him a little longer."

"Yeah, but if you tell him how you feel now, it'll be out of the way, and then you never have to deal with him again."

Junhui had a point, however, that was exactly Wonwoo's problem. How did he feel?

With his forehead pressed against the table, he stared at the hard-wood floor. His friends were laughing at him.

"You look way too obvious right now," Minghao told him.

Wonwoo ignored him. The bell dinged, and he could hear Seungkwan talking behind him. 

"What do you think they'll do?" he asked. 

"They'll probably be pissed if they find out," Mingyu responded. "But they'll most likely use the situation as clout to make more money."

"Hey, what would you guys like?" Hansol said before Seungkwan could answer. 

The two ordered--Seungkwan stumbling over his words as he spoke--then they got their food and made their way to the table. Wonwoo watched as their feet passed their table. 

"Wonwoo, do you want some of my cake?" Minghao said much louder than needed. 

Wonwoo pursed his lips and lifted his head. Straight away, his eyes met Mingyu's. They had sat at the table right behind Junhui and Minghao. Seungkwan's back was to him, but he turned and was now looking at Wonwoo, too. Out of the corner of his eye, Wonwoo saw Minghao grin at him. 

Seungkwan turned and said something to Mingyu. They both stood up. Seungkwan headed to the counter to talk to Hansol and Mingyu walked towards him. 

"Can I talk to you?" Mingyu asked. 

Wonwoo could hear what he'd call a giggle from either Junhui or Minghao. He would have turned to glare at them if he were able to look away from Mingyu's eyes. The gray of his eye was turning brown. 

--------------------