-54 || mingyu-

"I can't believe I was invited to a be a photographer for one of your shoots," Soonyoung gushed, fiddling with the strap on his camera bag as they walked into the building. He'd been back from America for less than three weeks and he was already finding projects to forward his career with.

"You should be honored to catch a face such as this"--Mingyu placed the back of his hand under his own chin--"with your unworthy lens."

"Unworthy?" the other gawked, spinning his wedding rings around his finger. He and Seokmin had eloped in America. They thought it'd be easier that way. "If anything, your face is unworthy of my magnificent camera."

"I disagree," Mingyu argued. "Afterall, it's--" His sentence was cut off when he spotted Joshua in the back corner of the room. Immediately, his eyes scanned the room for Wonwoo, but to of no avail or surprise, the elder wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Joshua!" Mingyu exclaimed, pulling him into a hug. "I knew you were coming back to Korea, but I didn't realize you'd be here." In fact, Chairman Kim had told him that Joshua would be back the night before, but by the time Mingyu got off of work, he was nowhere to be seen.

Joshua pushed the taller male away. "Good God, I would rather not suffocate," he said, sucking in an exaggerated breath like he'd been deprived of air.

Mingyu laughed. "It's just been so long," he said. "I couldn't help it."

Joshua grinned at him and hugged him again. Mingyu made sure not to squeeze so tightly this time. "I missed my one and only brother too," Joshua told the other. They split apart again and the older male ran a hand through his blonde locks. "Anyway, nobody was home last night, so I hung out with Chan and ended up falling asleep at his place. Mom told me you'd be here this morning, so Chan dropped me off."

"Well, I'm glad you're here," Mingyu said honestly. He opened his mouth to ask about Wonwoo but shut it again.

He'd known that Wonwoo had been living with Joshua throughout his time in America. His step-brother had kept him updated on that along with the name change from Jisoo to Joshua. Mingyu was even up to date on Joshua and Wonwoo's attempt at dating. He was beyond grateful that that relationship hadn't made it more than a few days. Still, no one, not even his step brother, have kept him up on Wonwoo's whereabouts now. For all Mingyu knew, his soulmate could still be in the U.S.

"Mingyu!" a voice called from nearby. There was a photo stand and lights being set up on the left side of the room. Cameras were placed in front of it.

The voice came from the opposite direction and belonged to Minho, the modeling instructor. He was a guy not much older than Mingyu who seemed to be constantly annoyed with absolutely everything that breathed. Well, except for one of the main photographers who Mingyu remembered as Jisung. Nevertheless, Minho and Mingyu seemed to be on good terms now after their two years of working together for various ads and magazines. There was the occasional scowl, but the occurrence wasn't as frequent as it used to be.

"Hyunjin is waiting for you at the makeup area," Minho said, motioning to where Mingyu had been several times before. "Nayeon will be here soon."

Mingyu knew better than to respond snidely, so he nodded with a smile and made his way towards the hair stylist and the makeup artist. Joshua followed after him.

"Lucky for you, today has been a good day, so as a kind service of my good mood, I'll let you work with my favorite person here," Minho said, leading Soonyoung toward the cameras. Mingyu didn't need to listen any further to know who his boss was talking about. He did find himself curious as to why Minho would be in good spirits. It was such a rare sight, Mingyu has only seen the guy give a genuine smile twice.

"So what's the theme for today?" Joshua asked, sitting on a chair Hyunjin unfolded for him.

"Sexy, I think," Mingyu answered. This wasn't the first sexy shoot he's done, and it probably wouldn't be the last. The genre of the shoot didn't bother him so much now compared to the first time.

Joshua rose a brow, his mouth forming a grimace. "I'm not about to witness an underwear ad in the making, am I?"

There was a laugh followed by the shake of his head. "No, I've already done two of those," the younger male explained.

"Glad I don't follow your modeling gigs then," Joshua said, making another face. "So if not underwear, what else would be considered sexy?"

"Perfume," was the answer. "Something about it smelling sexy? I really don't know."

Mingyu smiled softly at the memory of complaining to Wonwoo about such shoots. Two years later, he still didn't understand the point of modeling for a smell, and more times than he could count, he wished Wonwoo was around to listen to his rants.

"Because a bottle of liquid is a huge turn on," Joshua said sarcastically.

"Depends on the liquid," Hyunjin said with a smirk as he slipped a headband over Mingyu's hair.

"Maybe I chose a wrong day to be here," Joshua mentioned dryly.

Hyunjin laughed then turned to the model. "Nayeon should be here any minute to get started on your makeup."

Just then, the two doors leading to the shoot both sprung open, and Nayeon came bursting through. Everyone turned in her direction. She was extremely excited for some reason.

"We're hereee," she sang, moving her open arms to gallantly welcome whoever was coming in behind her.

Mingyu quickly jumped out of his seat, the thing falling over with a loud Bang! on the ground.

In a light blue T-shirt tucked into the waistband of white ripped jeans with a camera hanging around his neck was Jeon Wonwoo himself. Mingyu didn't know what to do first. He wanted to hug him, to kiss him, to just be near Wonwoo. But he stood rooted in his spot as his soulmate looked over at the noise Mingyu's chair had made when he stood.

In the moment that their eyes made contact, everything around them seemed to vanish. It was just them, in their own little space.

A light seemed to gleam in Wonwoo's brown eyes as the corner of his mouth pulled into a tiny smile that made Mingyu's heart race.

He was here. Wonwoo was back.

--------------------

a/n: i rlly liked writing this chapter. idek why

posting a single update every day until the last chapter. be ready :)