-52 || wonwoo-

The seven days Wonwoo was given went by quickly. Mingyu was around whenever possible, even spending the night at Wonwoo's for a couple of nights. He was there to help Wonwoo pack, or when Wonwoo had other things to do that didn't need his help, he just stayed near him and spent time with him.

At any moment now, Wonwoo was expecting the younger to try and convince him to stay. He never did, and Wonwoo was grateful for that.

It wasn't that Wonwoo didn't want to stay. He did, but as the realty of his situation set in, he realized that this wasn't a horrible idea.

He didn't want to be here when the full effect of the article settled over everybody. As of right now, people weren't sure what to think. It wasn't long before they figured it out.

On top of that, Wonwoo had been extremely hurt. Mingyu had doubted him after he'd finally worked up the courage to admit his true feelings. That had taken a lot out of Wonwoo. It didn't lessen his feelings at all, but it made him rethink things.

A break wasn't a bad idea, as much as he and Mingyu both disliked the thought of being apart for so long. Wonwoo knew they didn't have to. Mingyu said her believed Wonwoo's confession and the latter didn't doubt that. But more than anything, he never wanted Mingyu to doubt his love again, therefore a break.

While Wonwoo was in America, they wouldn't contact each other and were free to date whoever they wanted. Like Wonwoo had said, if he fell for someone else, then Mingyu would have been right to doubt him.

It was pretty much impossible for Wonwoo to fall in love with anyone else at this point.

Mingyu had begged him to let him take him to the airport. Although not going to the U.S., Mrs. Jeon wanted to take him too. She wanted to see Wonwoo off, but Mingyu also only had his permit, so he wasn't allowed to drive by himself yet. Wonwoo let them come. They were the two people he'd probably miss the most.

First, they stopped by Junhui's place. His mom answered the door, and she called for her son. Junhui came to the door a few seconds later, Minghao behind him.

Junhui forced a smile. He knew Wonwoo was leaving and was not happy about it.

"Hey," he said, the grim tone of his voice barely contained.

"Hey," Wonwoo said. "I, uh, have something for you guys." 

He pulled an envelope from his pocket and gave it to his friends.

"What is it?" Minghao asked peeking over his fiance's shoulder.

"Don't open it until I'm gone," Wonwoo said.

Junhui lifted an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"Because I know you'll try to give it back." Wonwoo grinned.

Junhui immediately tried giving it back. "Then I don't want it."

Wonwoo shook his head. "Think of it as an early wedding gift," he told them. Then he pulled them into a hug, catching them both off guard. He wasn't typically one to be touchy with friends. "I love you guys."

They both wriggled out of his grip and looked at him like he was crazy. Wonwoo was still grinning, knowing exactly what they were going to say.

"What did you do with our best friend?" Junhui asked, suspicious.

"I'll see you guys in two years," Wonwoo said, unable to provide them with an actual response in fear of showing his true feelings.

Joking aside, Junhui and Minghao both frowned and looked at each other. They saluted him. "(Bye)," they said.

Wonwoo saluted them back. "(Bye)," he answered.

Next was Seokmin's house. Unlike Junhui, Seokmin had actually included Wonwoo in his plan to propose to his soulmate. Unfortunately, Wonwoo wouldn't be here to witness the plan, but he could at least invest in it.

After Wonwoo told him the same thing he told Junhui and Minghao, Seokmin was the one who initiated the hug. Wonwoo could have sworn that he saw tears in his friend's eyes, which was a little funny because both Seokmin and Soonyoung would be in the U.S. by the time fall came. They'd be with him throughout those two years.

"I wish you would have kept it," Wonwoo said to his mother as he climbed back into the car.

"What am I going to do with fifteen thousand dollars?" Mrs. Jeon said, making a face. "I already have a nice car, a good job, and now that you're leaving, bills won't cost so much." She smiled at him and rose an eyebrow, challenging him to argue with her statement.

Wonwoo knew better. He'd already lost this argument once before. That's why he decided to split the money and give it to his friends. He would have given it to Jihoon if he wasn't already dating someone with money.

At the airport, Mingyu and his mom followed him into the airport. They got to the boarding area and Wonwoo turned to say his goodbyes.

His mom approached him first. He told her to take care of herself, she said she was proud. They both said I love you and then it was Mingyu's turn. He stepped forward, taking Mrs. Jeon's spot in front of Wonwoo.

"I need you to do two things for me while I'm gone," Wonwoo said, pulling yet another envelope from his pocket.

"Anything," Mingyu vowed.

"I need you to keep an eye on Mom. Make sure she doesn't drink and that she doesn't get to lonely. I don't want her to worry about me," Wonwoo said, lowering his voice so his mom didn't hear.

"Don't worry. My dad already planned to provide her with a maid."

The older male nodded, satisfied with that answer. "The second thing I want you to do, can you find this person for me?" He passed the envelope to Mingyu.

Realization flashed in the taller's eyes as he flipped the envelope in his hands. "Is this . . . ?"

Wonwoo nodded. "Yeah. I just . . . it feels wrong to not give something back. There's just no way I can find them myself," he explained.

Mingyu tucked the envelope in his back pocket. "I'll do both of those things. I promise." He was so sincere. He watching Wonwoo, the shadow of a small smile on his face.

Wonwoo hugged him, tightly. He never wanted to let go, but he had to.

Mingyu hugged him just as tight, kissing his shoulder as he buried his face in his neck. "I love you," he murmured.

"I love you too," Wonwoo whispered, pulling away and now avoiding Mingyu's eyes. "Bye," he said, gripping the bag on his shoulder.

"Bye," Mingyu answered.

Wonwoo walked away, looking back once when he heard Mingyu called out, "I'll wait for you, Jeon Wonwoo."

Wonwoo turned away. "Me too, Kim Mingyu," he murmured.

--------------------

a/n: i went back and read this book from the beginning, and i'm glad a lot of you are still here even tho there are a ton of typos lol. Also just realized that there are 10k read on this thing. Over 10k to witness my typos 😅👌 Anyway, love you guys and thanks so much for reading ❤