-15 || jisoo-

There was still a week to go and already Jisoo was getting sick of Jeonghan. At first, it seemed all fun and games, but Jeonghan was getting pretty annoying really fast. isoo loved Mingyu like a brother. He was willing to help him out with Wonwoo, but God, was he tempted to switch Jeonghan for Mingyu. 

It wasn't that he didn't want to kiss Jeonghan. In fact, Jeonghan was hot, and he didn't mind if they had a physical relationship, even if the blonde wasn't really serious about it. Yet, such a relationship would be impossible if Jisoo wanted to keep his secret.

Once Jeonghan figured out they weren't soulmates, he might ask questions. One thing leads to another, and next Jisoo knew, his whole life would be laid out for everyone to see. 

Jisoo took the piece of paper and looked at it. He smirked a little before passing it back to Jeonghan. He wrote in his notebook: "Good at being a pain in the ass, bad at school."

"You aren't actually going to put that in the article, are you?" Jeonghan asked, leaning over to watch Jisoo write. 

"What? Think people would lose interest if they knew you weren't a genius?"

"You know, you could just kiss me and then you wouldn't have to worry about anyone else catching my attention, right?" Jeonghan mentioned. Jisoo sighed. It's been five minutes since the last mention of a kiss. Five minutes.

"I don't just kiss anyone," Jisoo told him in attempt to hide his annoyance. "For one, whoever they are, I'd like them to be a little smart."

"Oh, come on. How is that fair?" Jeonghan said with mock offense. 

The other rolled his eyes. "Why don't you find someone else to bother then? I'm sure anyone else would enjoy your constant need for attention."

"But you're the only person I want to kiss," Jeonghan said, his voice husky as he leaned forward. Did he really think that that was going to win Jisoo over?

Jisoo gave him an annoyed look. "I know I'm not number one on your list."

Jeonghan looked taken aback. "What do you mean?" he asked. 

"I've seen you hanging around Mingyu for the past five years. Anyone who chooses to pay attention would notice the way you look at him."

"And you chose to pay attention?" A grin began to slowly spread. 

"Don't think so highly of yourself. I'm a curious person. I knew Mingyu liked Wonwoo for years even."

The blonde's mouth dropped open. "Years?" It looked like he was racking his brain for more words. "Do you know why?"

Jisoo wanted to punch the stupid grin off of Jeonghan's face, but he wasn't a violent person so he wasn't going to. He shrugged. "Nope, and I don't care to know." He watched the gears shift in Jeonghan's head. 

"I know how this may look to you," Jeonghan started, "with you being next in line."

"What? Like how I live with Mingyu and he's my step-brother. Never thought of it," the dark-haired male said with heavy sarcasm. 

"Okay, hear me out here. Yes, I had a crush on Mingyu. Had. He has a soulmate now, and aside from him, you're the only one I like."

Jisoo's gaze turned back to the notebook. "Why?"

Jeonghan didn't answer immediately. Jisoo figured that he didn't have a valid answer, but Jeonghan began talking anyway. "As stupid as it sound, you actually call me out on my bullshit."

"Isn't that what a parent is for?" the other male answered.

"Like I said, I know it sounds stupid. But aside from you, Seungkwan, and Mingyu, and their love interests, everyone puts up with my bullshit because they're intimidated or they want something. The only other people who don't, well . . ." He paused. "if they don't put up with it, I'm the one who usually gets hurt."

Jisoo looked at him oddly. "What you mean by 'hurt'?"

Jeonghan shook his head. "It's nothing. MY point is, neither of us have a soulmate and you're the only person I might actually like. So, will you please give me a chance?" 

Jisoo didn't want to admit his dislike for the word "might". "You only want a kiss because you won't want to lose the stupid bet you came up with," he said harshly. If he was honest, he didn't believe a single word Jeonghan said. 

"Forget about the bet, okay? Let's pretend it never existed," Jeonghan said quickly. 

Jisoo internally scoffed. He started gathering his stuff then stood up. "I don't get why you're so desperate, but you have to understand something. I'm not some fucking toy. I have feelings." He turned away. "I'll see you at the photoshoot."

🌈

Wonwoo placed his things on the table and took a seat across from Jisoo. "I have fifteen minutes before I need to work again. What did you want?"

Jisoo slid his notebook and folder to the older male. "Would you be willing to work with Jeonghan?"

"Yes," Wonwoo replied, replacing Jisoo's notes with his own. 

Jisoo eyed him warily. Was Mingyu screwing everything up with the male across from him. "That was quick. Do you want to know why I want to switch?"

"It's not my business. If you want to tell me, then I will willingly listen, otherwise, I'll respect your privacy."

"Are things not working out for you?" Jisoo asked with the vague realization that he wasn't respecting Wonwoo's privacy. But if Wonwoo didn't want to answer, he'd be sure to say so. 

"No, things have been going pretty well. I think I just need a break," Wonwoo said, gathering everything into a neat pile. Jisoo nodded because he completely understood where Wonwoo was coming from. 

"You're big on privacy?" It would make sense as to why Wonwoo was so unwilling to be with Mingyu. Mingyu's life was not private, and eventually, if Wonwoo accepted their status, his wouldn't be wither. Jisoo envied him for the choice he had. 

For a second, he thought Wonwoo would call him out of for invading Wonwoo's privacy, but he didn't. He looked a little lost in thought. "Yeah, life is easier that way. I don't get hurt if I just hide in the dark. If only people knew to do the same."

"That'd be nice," the older male mentioned. If it were possible for him to live a nice, quiet life, Jeonghan wouldn't have bothered him. Then again, Mingyu still bothers Wonwoo. "Can I ask you one more question?"

Wonwoo shrugged. "Sure, why not. Doesn't seem like you'll turn any of this against me, anyway."

"What's so bad about my step-brother? I can tell you still aren't interested."

"Nothing," Wonwoo said. "Romance just isn't my thing. This whole soulmate bullshit is already bad enough."

Tell me about it, Jisoo wanted to say. Soulmates were overrated. "I know it's not my business, but sometimes it can be nice to have someone just be there." Where the hell did that just come from?

"You're right," the other male agreed. "But sometimes, having someone there could be the exact thing that ruins you." He stood up. "Break's over. I'll see you Sunday."

"Hey, Wonwoo," Jisoo called out as quietly as he could since he was in a library. He wanted to ask what Wonwoo meant, but the words wouldn't come. Instead, he said, "He can be a real pain, but he's really not a bad guy." 

The younger of the two just nodded and went back to work. Jisoo wasn't sure who he had been talking about. Jeonghan or Mingyu. Either way, he knew he was telling the truth. 

--------------------

a/n: okay, i know i'm the author here, but tbh, i haven't even come up with a punishment for whoever loses the bet lmao. if y'all have any ideas, i'm all open XD