-13 || wonwoo-

"Wonwon, hi~"

Wonwoo pulled the phone away from his ear to make sure he was talking to the right person. He'd called Mingyu to set up another time to meet up. Verifying that it is Mingyu, he put the phone back to his ear."Did you just call me 'Wonwon'?"

The was a small silence. "Would you be mad if I said yes?" Mingyu asked, his words slightly slurred.

Wonwoo sighed. "Are you drunk?"

"Um, no?"

Wonwoo heard another voice in the background say, "Hey, Mingyu, give me the phone." A short pause. "Hi, I don't know who you are, but I'm Choi Seungchol."

"Uh, hi?"

"I've been told that you are Mingyu's soulmate. I live with mine, so he can't stay with me. Do you think you could come get him?"

Wonwoo rubbed his temples. "Why are you with him?"

"Our parents tried setting us up. I know your guys' situation, so it's not much of problem from Mingyu's end. For me, on the other hand, I'm gonna make it clear that my parents don't know about him," Seungchol ranted. "They'd kill me if they knew. They don't even know I live with him. If you come get him, I can tell his parents that he's staying with me, though."

"Why can't he go home?"

"His dad would blow his shit if he saw him like this."

"His friends?"

"They're all busy."

Minghao came into the room with a bowl of snacks and a question on his lips. "Alright, text me the address," Wonwoo said with a sigh.

"Where are you going?" Minghao asked.

"Mingyu needs a ride. He's drunk, his friends are busy, and his dad will probably kill him if he goes home in the state he's in," Wonwoo explained. "He's probably going to have to stay with me."

Minghao rose an eyebrow. "You're going to let him stay with you? Like, at your house?"

"He's sleeping on the couch," the other said sternly.

"Wow. It took me months to just see your house, yet here you are, letting him sleep there after only a week," Minghao said with both mock offense and a suggestive tone.

Wonwoo grabbed a handful of popcorn and threw it into Minghao's face. Minghao laughed, "Love you, too."

Wonwoo took his time getting to the place Seungchol had texted him. What was he doing? Mingyu wasn't his problem. He should have to go and pick him up.

Really, he didn't have a problem with the younger. He just couldn't reciprocate the feelings. It wasn't possible.

"Heh, Wonwon," Wonwoo thought aloud. "That's kinda cute." He thought through what he just said. "Fucking hell. Mingyu, I don't like you."

He pulled up in front of the house Seungchol had sent the location of with a grumpy mood.He texted Mingyu to let him know he was there. As he waited, he removed his contacts. Nobody would see him except for Mingyu and Seungchol, so it wasn't like the annoying things were of any use at the moment.

The house was huge, probably three buildings worth of width with possibly two floors. He could hear music come from the house from inside his car even though the car windows were rolled up. This was the kind of place Wonwoo never wanted to be.

A few seconds later, they came out of the house. Wonwoo didn't recognize the guy with Mingyu as anyone from their school. He didn't like this Seungchol person whoever he was. Mingyu was walking alone, so he couldn't be totally drunk. That was good, because the last thing Wonwoo needed was the younger's vomit in his car.
Wonwoo took in account Mingyu's outfit. Black skinny jeans, a white button up long-sleeve with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and a dark blue tie hung loosely around his neck. Right. He must have come from here with Seungchol after the business party he had been complaining about only days earlier.

Suengchol stood behind Mingyu, keeping an eye on the latter. Wonwoo got out of his car and met them halfway up the long walkway. "Are you sure he's drunk?" he asked.

"He's able to walk in a straight line, somehow, but the guy doesn't know when to shut up." Seungchol smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry about this. He told me how you felt about the whole soulmate thing. I told him it was probably a bad idea to call you, but he doesn't really know how to listen."

"Tell me about it," Wonwoo replied dryly. He looked at Mingyu who had grabbed his hand. "Alright, we're leaving."

Seungchol waved goodbye as Wonwoo led Mingyu to his car. Mingyu stumbled a couple of times along the way. For someone who spoke so much, he hadn't said a word since they left Seungchol.

Getting into his own seat, Wonwoo turned to the younger. "If you throw up in my car, God, help me, I will throw you out the window."

Mingyu grinned at him. "You're not wearing your contacts," he said.

The older male started the car. "Don't get used to it."

The silence that filled the car wasn't awkward for once. It wasn't completely silent, though. Mingyu's soft snores filled the car. He passed our within five minutes of the drive.

Wonwoo was tempted to call up Jisoo to come get Mingyu, but something stopped him. The temptation and all thoughts related to it were quickly followed by a bunch of questions. Like:Who was the Seungchol guy?

Did he really have a soulmate?

Why did their families set them up?

Why the hell am I thinking any of these things? Wonwoo scolded himself.

Mingyu could hang out with whoever the hell he wanted. Wonwoo wasn't interested, and whatever Mingyu did with his life wasn't any of his business.

Yet, Wonwoo couldn't stop the dark feeling from rising to the surface. The more he thought about Seungchol and Mingyu, the worse it got. He hated it, but there was no way to stop it.

Wonwoo pulled into the driveway behind his mother's car. After gently shaking Mingyu awake, he led the disoriented male to the front door with a finger to his lips and a warning glare in his eyes. Mingyu nodded slowly after a long few seconds of looking confused.

The elder silently prayed that his mother wasn't in one of her moods. It was already risky bringing a drunk Mingyu into his house with both of their eyes no longer colorless.

The two silently moved through the house, Wonwoo using his phone as a flashlight just in case his mom was sleeping on the couch. They passed the living room. Wonwoo quickly flashed his light around the room. There she was, fast asleep on the couch curled up in fetal position. On the table beside her sat multiple beer bottles, both opened and sealed. Wonwoo grabbed the sealed bottles and slipped them into the pocket of his hoodie.

As they walked, Mingyu continued to crash into things. Wonwoo hadn't taken into account the Mingyu didn't know the layout of his house. He walked slower and grabbed Mingyu's hand for good measure. He didn't miss the small smile Mingyu produced as a result.

"This means nothing," Wonwo whispered.

"It will eventually," Mingyu answered.

They finally reached Wonwoo's room all the way at the back of the house. It was the most private place in the house aside from the bathroom. The two slipped in. It wasn't until the door closed behind them that Wonwoo turned on the light. He set the bottles in his pocket on the desk in the corner. He turned to find Mingyu eyeing the beverages from his bed.

"Just because Mom is sleeping on the couch does not mean you get my bed," Wonwoo said. "You get the floor."

Mingyu started to pout. "But the floor's hard."

Wonwoo reached under his bed and grabbed a thin mattress, a large comforter, and a pillow. He tossed them to Mingyu. "There. Now, you can be comfy while you buddy up with the floor."

Mingyu had mumbled something in response, but Wonwoo didn't really hear it as he gathered the beer bottles on his desk. He opened the single window in his room, and emptied every last drop from the bottles. He threw the empty containers into the trashcan.

Ignoring the other presence in the room, Wonwoo emptied his pockets of his keys and contacts onto the desk. He turned to Mingyu, who was now standing as he stared at the pictures Wonwoo hung as decoration.

Wonwoo walked over to his closet. He paused with his hand on the doorknob. His heart hurt. Not for himself. But for his mother. As he'd mentioned before, love never works.

He pushed the thought to the back of his head. His mom's emotional state was the last thing he wanted to be thinking about in that moment. Opening the closet door, Wonwoo began to say, "I'm going to go get changed in the bathroom. I can give you clothes, but I can't day they'll actually fit-"

He hadn't heard Mingyu come up behind him. The younger had hugged him from behind, his fingers gripping at the loose fabric that hung around Wonwoo's torso. His cheek rested up against the side of Wonwoo's neck. Wonwoo froze on contact.

Before he could tell Mingyu to let him go, Mingyu hugged him tighter and said, "Why don't you like me?"

--------------------