-61 || mingyu-

Mingyu stared at the god-awful ferris wheel looming above him once again. His hands were shaky and the lump in his throat wanted to tell Jihoon and Seungcheol that this was a terrible idea. He'd already been up there once and it was for Wonwoo, so in the end, it was worth it. However, for Jihoon and Seungcheol . . . 

"Guys, I don't think I can, uh . . . get up there?" he told them. He'd sounded confused and unsure, but he was positive that not going up there was exactly what he wanted. 

"What, you afraid of heights?" Seungcheol teased, throwing an arm around Mingyu's shoulder. 

The taller male pursed his lips then sighed. "I'm gonna go to the restroom. Besides, as a third wheel, I think the ferris wheel is the last place I would like to go."

It wasn't just the three of them at the amusement park. It was the whole group. Wonwoo had said he had wanted to go on a rollercoaster that Mingyu couldn't stand (a ride that consisted staying up in the air for long periods of time and dropping), so they had split up. Mingyu wasn't sure where anyone else was. 

Jihoon released what sounded like an embarrassed cough and turned away from the other two. Seungcheol winked at Mingyu then leaned over and whispered, "You're actually a genius." The elder practically skipped to his soulmate as Mingyu excused himself. 

His phone buzzed in his pocket. 

Wonwon
Hey, I am actually freaking out

Mingyu was about to respond when another message came through.

Wonwon
Wait, that was to the wrong person
Please ignore that TT

Confused, Mingyu didn't know how to respond. Yes, he was concerned, but for one, he had no idea where Wonwoo was, and second, Wonwoo wanted him to ignore it. 

But it was rare for Wonwoo to be "freaking out."

Mingyu

Where are you?

Nothing. 

Mingyu wasn't surprised by the lack of response. Huffing out a breath, he wandered towards the bathrooms because ultimately, he did actually have to pee. 

Things have been going so well between he and Wonwoo. Months have gone by since their friends have gotten married and their friend groups immediately connected. The Big Three was no more, and now it was more like The Big Thirteen. If they were still in high school anyway. 

Articles still popped up every now and then, but those two years gave the world time to accept that the Kim Mingyu was no longer single, and had found the love of his life. Articles, now, were about how long it would take the two to move on to the next step. Mingyu didn't want to rush things, so he's let Wonwoo go at his own pace until there was a sign that Mingyu could take that step.

There are also often pictures of the two in random stores and whatnot. Wonwoo seems to have gotten used to it, but Mingyu knows it still bothers him. 

The older male always worries about when a discriminating photo will appear online. Mingyu is unsure what kind of "discriminating" his soulmate is going for, but he does know that it makes him blush even thinking about the word.

There was no line in the bathroom, which was relief. He stopped when he spotted Wonwoo standing in front of one of the sinks, staring at his reflection. His brows were creased, he looked focused yet his eyes kind of looked panicked. It wasn't a look Mingyu had seen before. 

"Hey," Mingyu said. 

"Shit," Wonwoo muttered, startled. He turned to his soulmate, opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again. "Sorry, I didn't mean for that to slip out." 

"What's wrong with you?" Mingyu asked. "There was that text, and now you look like you're gonna pass out or make a run for it." 

"You know I might, you know, make a run for it," Wonwoo said. "I was, uh, waiting for Soonyoung, actually."

"Meeting up with Soonyoung has you panicked?" There was an eyebrow raise of uncertainty. 

Wonwoo held up a finger. "Just . . . just give me a second." He turned back to the mirror, and that same intense stare occurred. 

Mingyu bounced on his feet. He still had to pee, but it felt awkward to do so in this situation. He still wanted to respect Wonwoo's wishes, so he was giving him the second he asked for. 

"God, what is taking him so long?" Wonwoo complained as he turned back to Mingyu. 

"You can tell me what's wrong," Mingyu said gently. 

Wonwoo looked him in the eye. The pure panic on how face was starting to make the other male panic. "Did something happen to you mom? Did your dad contact you? Was it another article?" Mingyu was just spouting the first things that came to mind. 

"None of those things," the elder male said. "It's this that I'm stressed over." He reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a velvet encased jewelry box. 

Mingyu was left speechless. If it was what he thought it was, he was in no way prepared. 

"Now, I didn't want to do this in a bathroom, but I wasn't sure how to do it anyway, so I was going to ask Soonyoung for some pointers since he's already married, and already went through this process, and it's been scaring me, because I want to take this step with you, but deep down, I'm scared to do so, but I know you'll say yes, and I know I want this and it's just . . ."

"Wonwoo," Mingyu said. 

Wonwoo's mouth closed real quick. "Yes?"

Mingyu tried to hide his smirk but failed miserably. "You never told me what was in the box."

"But I thought it was obvious." Wonwoo went to open the box, but the other enclosed his hands around Wonwoo's and the box. 

"You never told me what was in the box," he repeated. 

Wonwoo just stared at his boyfriend, baffled. He slowly pulled his hands from Mingyu's, and without breaking eye contact, slipped the box back into his pocket. "You don't know what's in the box?"

Mingyu shook his head and leaned down to kiss Wonwoo's forehead. "I don't know what's in the box. Just remember we're in a public bathroom, and I'm sure this is the last place you wanted to do whatever you were going to do."

Realization surfaced in Wonwoo's face, and he gave Mingyu a look. "The last ten minutes never happened, okay?"

Mingyu laughed. "Okay, it never happened."

Wonwoo gave him a quick peck on the mouth and mumbled an "I love you" before fleeing the bathroom without a response. 

"I love you too," Mingyu replied to the air with the goofiest grin that he could manage. 

--------------------

a/n: contemplating if this should be the last chapter or not. i'm just not sure that this feels final enough, but it also feels like I could leave it to the imagination of readers in what happens next. there's not many other plot lines I could continue, and I'm unsure of how to end it otherwise. idk, just my thoughts on it lol. 

I hope you guys like this chapter. lots of love!! <33